585,715 active members*
4,017 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > PROBOTIX PBX-RF Breakout Board problems

PROBOTIX PBX-RF Breakout Board problems

Hello,

I have a problem with the PROBOTIX BOB (PBX-RF RF Isolated CNC Breakout Board).
    It seems that one of the 4 "ADUM 1400" (the channel responsible for feedback from the machine to the computer :limit switches home switches...) was damaged.
    It heats up and withdraws lot of current from the voltage regulator.
    Does any of you know the exact part #?
    When searching on Digi-Key I can find many, and don't know which one works here.

Lucian
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (1879 - 1955)

Angry Where are you LEN?

I was hoping that Len (from PROBOTIX) will come with an answer as he is the one that sold me the BOB.

I tried to contact him on the PROBOTIX contact-us and sent him an e-mail.
    NO answer so far.

It seems to me that they have a huge problem with the customer support there since this is the third time I have this kind of experience (had to wait for an answer from them for one week or more each time).

Everibody knows that hobby is 24/7 so I think you understand my anger.

Lucian
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

they will call you. they have returned all my calls as soon as they have been able to. I have probablly talked to them 4-5 times on a day off.

I'm pretty sure that Len does Probotix as a hobby as well. Given that, you can't expect an instant response. If you really need that, then there are companies which can deliver, but their parts cost much more.

Chris.
    List of parts sources for CNC builders - http://www.CNCsources.net
    Dyna Mechtronics 4400C Conversion - CNC bed mill w/toolchanger to Mach3 conversion - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50787

I'v had some dealings with Len and Probotix is not his day job. He really helped my to get my CNC running, with phone calls and emails, I have nothing but good things to say about his service.

You are correct about his response speed though, but CNC is a hobby with me and I can make allowences in this area.
    I like to support small business.:rainfro:

Smile Problem was solved

PROBOTIX will replace the defective BOB

Lucian

You're email probably is being marked as spam and Len probably hasn't even seen it. A while back, the same thing was happening between me and a client, took us 6 months to figure out what the problem was.

Trying sending him email from a different address and not in HTML format.

Chris.
    List of parts sources for CNC builders - http://www.CNCsources.net
    Dyna Mechtronics 4400C Conversion - CNC bed mill w/toolchanger to Mach3 conversion - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50787

Thank you Chris for contacting me about this thread.

Lucian, I will gladly warranty this board for you. Please contact me again. My telephone is listed on the contact page, as well.

>Len