585,997 active members*
4,727 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitutoyo read out connector?

I have an older Mitutoyo digital readout on a Bridgeport mill that has nine pin connectors on the scale cables. I bought a new Mitutoyo KA counter with the intention of replacing the old counter head. The new head uses a 15 pin flat serial port connector. I have the pinouts for the 15 pin connector but don't have the literature on the old counter with the 9 pin flat serial connectors. Does anyone have the pin out locations for the Mitutoyo 9 pin flat serial connector? I am going to make an adaptor to go from the 9 pin to 15 pin in order to use the scales I have. I tried to buy them from Mitutoyo but all they have is the round 6 pin connector to 15 flat pin adaptor.

Thanks in advance
    Jim
    Aero-mold Inc

The problem you may find is that the 15 pin may be a sinusoidal output and the 9 pin quadrature square wave. Not compatible without a converter. The KA looks to be the AT100 series scales which are sinusoidal and the KC used the AT200 series which were quadrature.

The only converter I know of is the PSU-200, but that is to convert Sinusoidal scales to square wave, not the other way around as it sounds like you need?

DC