585,556 active members*
3,456 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Help find terminal connector type for this stepper

Help find terminal connector type for this stepper

I got some steppers on a flea market, they where taken from printers.
    This thread discuss them http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...ht=japan+servo
    )Japan Servo 85 oz-in 400 Steps/Rev . $29/ea, (- and if you want to see what a quality motor looks like inside, here is the dis-assembled motor, showing the clean design and double stack with ball-bearing construction.)
    Japan Servo TYPE KP56QM2-001, with Ball Bearings on each end of shaft. (note, unless you burn out the windings, and this takes at least a little effort, the only failure mode in step motors is bearing failure - which is easy to remedy as well as rare with Japan ball bearings)
    NEMA23 mounting flange: Motor Length = 75mm from flange to rear of case, Motor Diameter = 57mm. Shaft Length = 14mm, Shaft Diameter = 5.9mm
    6 Wire CT windings 3.5 ohm - 0 - 3.5 ohm,
    Maximum Current: Center tapped - 1.5A , Bipolar, full winding - 1.0A
    note: These motors have been carefully removed from surplus assemblies - leads are 75 mm long, and may require extending for some applications. We guarantee your satisfaction with these motors !! Limited quantity available. $29/ea
    Leads are short, 75mm, and has some sort of connector on them.
    I hope the attachment will help in identifying the connector.
    I wish I could use these connectors.

Konstantin

Edit:

I looked closely at the connector and found tiny print "AMP" on one side and "12" on the other. 6 cables connector.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stepper terminal.jpg  

http://www.mouser.com/amp

You'll have to dig around a bit to find the right one, though.

Konstantin,

Did you ever find the correct mating connectors for your steppers? I have some steppers that look to have the same connector. If not, did you find any 6 lead connectors that you could use to re-wire the steppers?

No, not yet.
    I think its best to cut those off and use other type of connectors.
    I will need extensions anyway and these conn are PCB type, so I guess I wont need a PCB near the motors in the machine.

Right now I am just hooking it up to my screw clamps directly. Figuring out my electronics.

Konstantin.