585,919 active members*
3,455 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Interact 316 Fanuc O-Mate MF

Hi I just got this machine and I'm not sure how it works. With some help from here I managed to home it ! At the moment I'm trying to do a tool change. In the operators manual it says that the following prog will let you load the carousels.

O0001;
    T0 M06;
    M30;

This programme is already in the machine but when I press cycle start I get the following on the screen: Operator Message No. 2016 Tool Clash Alarm.

Can anyone help me please ?

Hi,
    Did you just try to put it in MDI and type in T1 M6 end of block and then insert then cycle start and see if it will do a toolchange. The ones I've ran never liked a T0 command. See if that works first.

Hi, thanks for the reply,
    I tried that and the z-axis moves to the tool change possition, the carosel indexes to the right tool number but tool change doesn't happen. the green cycle start light stays lit until i press reset or cycle stop.

Some of these controls are picky. I've ran so many different but similar ones it's hard to remember exactly what works on each but just for the heck of it try typing it in with the M6 first then tool number and see what happens.

You need the operator manual.
    The 0M Mate control is a pain as to do anything as you have to cursor up, down, left and right to get to it.
    There is a way, I believe to load the carousel, but it has been about 16 years since I played with one of these.
    If you call up tool 1 and the spindle goes to the tool change height and nothing else happens, look at the display. It may already believe tool 1 is in the spindle and the display will reflect that. Especially if no error message pops up.
    So in MDI try T2 M06 EOB, INSERT, CYCLE START, and see what happens.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks guys,
    I have the operators manual, what it says won't work. I've tried what you've said but no luck yet. I've tried a lot of different combinations, both in MDI and Auto. Cant get it to toolchange.

Here's something else to try. All the older Bridgeports we had (412 and 720) all had Heidenhain controls and the toolchangers worked different than any Fanuc ones I ran. This might not apply to yours but this is how we changed tools manually and loaded the carousel. You just gave it a M06 command and it would go up and unload the tool, then there was a green button on the head that you would push and that would rotate the carousel to whatever tool you needed then you press the cycle start again and it would load that tool and know which one you had in there. That was the easiest way to do it on them. I believe it would do it another way in MDI but it was a real pain compared to that. I don't know if that applies to a Fanuc on the same machine but I guess it's worth a try.

Most machines use a "macro" or some other program to change a tool. In the Fanuc it is typically O9001. I have put this in block and executed it line by line to see where it stops. Example. It should go to either a G28 or a G30 position. It should do a orient M19, Then an M code for tool carousel forward, M code for tool release, etc.
    See where it stops and see why. Example, on this age machine the spindle drive had a piggy back orient board which may need adjusting.
    Silly question, but you do have air to the machine?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I believe this has a air cylinder for the tool changer to and from the spindle motion. Bad Output from the control? Bad solenoid? Bad air cylinder? Or maybe there is a shipping bracket on the tool changer preventing motion?

George

Thanks for you're post, no joy with that.
    In the manual it says to load a tool manually to the spindle go into MDI key in G28 G91 Z0.0 M25. Press cycle start. I did that and it works, the green light on the machine becomes illuminated and i can load or unload a tool into the spindle.
    just need to get it tool changing on it's own.

Thanks George,
    Yes it says in the manual that M6 calles a macro O9001m. I have the air connection in place and i can change a tool manually fine. No shipping brackets that i can see. the carosel moves to whatever tool number i call it to change to. the spindle moves to the tool change possition but then i get the operator message 2016 tool clash alarm.

There may be a conflict in the table that keeps track of things. It may think that there is a tool in the carousel and a tool in the spindle. Can you look up this alarm in ladders and see what is creating it and work it backwards to the alarm source?
    In more modern FANUC controls, i have to go to SYSTEM, PMC, DATA, GDATA, 2nd page has what is where with the tool changer.
    Also explains why the tool carousel will not come forward.

George

Thanks Guys

A Guy on another forum who knows this machine very well sorted me. There is a defective tool sensor on one of the carosels and like you said George the control wont return any tool to that carosel beacuse it thinks there's a tool in the tool pocket already. Anyway now I have 8 tools changing fine, so I should be able to make it cut some material this week hopefully !
    What the guy, Boris, said was:

Mostly its caused by an incorrect exit from an ATC cycle
    1st take any tools out from the spindle.
    2nd goto MDI mode
    3rd type in T0 and press input.(dont put an M6 in with this)
    4th press cycle start.

Then try your tool loading routine
    Should send the Z to home and put carosel 1 forward, press cycle start again and carosel 2 comes forward, press cycle start again and both carosels should be home, machine is now ready to tool change properly.

If you get tool clash alarms with 1 carosel and not the other, then usually its the tool sensor that is playing up (can be seen behind the current pocket)
    This should be red when a tool is there and green when there is'nt
    These also come out to diagnostics 0016 and 0001 depending which carosel is wired to which diagnostic.

Hope this helps

Thaknks for your help guys,
    Mark B.

Glad to hear it is running.
    I did not recall that sensor. It would be a help if I had a schematic to look at. I do not have one, I apologize.
    Hope it makes a lot of good parts for you.
    Does it have linear scales?

George

Hi George,
    Yeah I'm glad it's moving. I'm not sure about linear scales. I see linear slides on it. It has rigid tapping . It'll be a while before it's making anything. I've got 2 cnc lathes here a Mazak (programmed in ISO don't know Mazatrol) and a Gildemeister and setting tool offsets on these 2 is very straight foreward but the Bridgeport I really have not a clue, I'll have to get a days training I'd say. I would have thought that for each tool, there would be an X , Y and Z offset but in the offset menu there's just one set of digits. Then there's the Workpiece Coordinates. Haven't a clue and I figured the 2 lathes without any training. I might put a new post up asking for a step by step guide to tool offsets.
    Anyhow thanks for your help guys.
    Mark B.

Hello I am looking for a copy of the Parameters and PC Parameters for a Bridgeport
    Interact 412F
    Serial 75710A
    Control Fanuc O Mate
    Drive and Spindle Fanuc

Thank You