585,758 active members*
4,317 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Anyone know where I can get a Program Protect key?

Anyone know where I can get a Program Protect key?

I bought an old Wasino that is missing the key. I also need it to open the cabinet to have the power connected. The machine is being delivered next week. I am hoping that the keys are not unique as I have one Wasino key to try. Has anyone else have this problem and what was your solution besides a hammer and screw driver?

I also have a problem with a Wasino with an O T control. The dry run does not work. It runs at the normal auto speeds. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bill

The key operated switch could be any make, you can do one of three things, find out the present make and order a key from an electrical distributor of this product, fit another key switch, or jumper the two wires that are connected to the switch, which essentially defeats the switch.
    Usually the cabinet key and the memory key are different.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Replace all the locks and get it over with.

We tried to get new keys for our old Mori, although they tried to be helpful, you could tell I was just wasting each others time.

The chances of the machine builder having a standard or keeping track of the key ( number and style ) and serial number breaks is very slim.

As far as the dry run, sounds like a parameter, read the control or Wasino book, it should be in there somewhere .

It Depends on the MB

Quote Originally Posted by Billmac View Post
    I bought an old Wasino that is missing the key. I also need it to open the cabinet to have the power connected. The machine is being delivered next week. I am hoping that the keys are not unique as I have one Wasino key to try. Has anyone else have this problem and what was your solution besides a hammer and screw driver?

I also have a problem with a Wasino with an O T control. The dry run does not work. It runs at the normal auto speeds. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Most MB's use the same keys it is standard for just such a reason that you are running into, I several edit keys that I have had for years, The first one fits my A55 delta pro3 all 24 that we baught over a 6 year timeframe, Along with the 12 J66's that our sister company has across the dtreet. I have a Kittamura key that fits the H300 all the way to the HX500IFs that we have. Now however I do have a couple of Daewoes that have diffrent keys BUT then agian its DAEWOE. I would wait to see if the Wasino you got fits before you panic to much. Now if the key will not fit, You should be able to get ahold of the MB with the machine SN and they should be able to get you a new one

Bluesman

Thanks everyone. I was able to get the cabinet open rather easily, they did not lock the bottom and I was able to wiggle the door and got it open. As far as the program protect lock, I unscrewed the plate and soldered the two wires together and it allows access to the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Billmac View Post
    Thanks everyone. I was able to get the cabinet open rather easily, they did not lock the bottom and I was able to wiggle the door and got it open. As far as the program protect lock, I unscrewed the plate and soldered the two wires together and it allows access to the program.
    You may have to unsolder them when you go to run the program, depending on your parrameter settings. So if you fire it up and it wont "GO" it is because the wires are solderd together

Bluesman

Normally that does not affect the run, it is just used to protect editing.
    Also on a most controls, this one included, if it is a Fanuc 0, the three lock offs use a common key, most MTB's do not bother to use three separate ones for Programs, Offsets & User Para.
    Al.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Normally that does not affect the run, it is just used to protect editing.
    Also on a most controls, this one included, if it is a Fanuc 0, the three lock offs use a common key, most MTB's do not bother to use three separate ones for Programs, Offsets & User Para.
    Al.
    Al, I hate to dissagree BUT all of my Pro3's and 1/2 my Fanucs wont run in memory with the edit key on. I think it is a parrameter setting. I know that the fanucs that I have the BGEDIT option on will run with the edit key on. I just want to make sure that if this guy has one set up like a PRO3 that he does not start vtearing **** apart before he trys truning the edit enable back off

Bluesman

Well thats a new one on me, I have retro fitted using 0's to 16s and have just written the ladder to enable the customer to lock out editing for the operator.
    The BMI manual states: Memory Protection keys;
    KEY1 Enables the entry of tool compensation values.
    Key2 Enables the entry of Macro variables etc.
    Key3 Enables the entry of editing Part programs.
    I have always programmed the PMC to accept the one key for all, if there is a parameter that changes this I would be interested to know it.
    I suspect that if your machines are inhibited for start with the memory key, the MTB has done something unorthodox in the PMC.
    Al.

Albert E.

Bluesman, my electrician warned me of the same thing but the program runs fine.

This is great news because I bought the machine (cheap) from a company that said that the operator wiped out the parameters. I checked all of the parameters and they were correct, according to the parameter list that came with the machine. I believe they did not know about pressing the P and CAN and Power On at the same time to zero the machine.

There is a problem that the spindle turns CW with a M3 or M4.

This machine is a gang turn 2 ½ axis with 1 live tool. I used to run a 10T machine that used a command (G97 S0000 M52) to lock the spindle. I tried that and got no response or error. The programming manual does not give a description or example. I believe there is a M19 for spindle orientation but I got no response from that either.

I would appreciate any ideas of where to look. The control is an OT A.

Thanks,
    Bill

Make sure you got the 900 parameters as well.
    Too bad that is an A version, as the ladder is not displayable on the earlier versions, as you could have checked to see if the M3 & M4 was just programmed that way in the ladder.
    The other M codes are written here and you would either need to get the M code list from the MTB or someone with the same machine to find out what M codes are present.
    Al.

Albert E.

Al, the 900 parameters are there. I did find diagnostic #500 bit 4 enables the M3, so that now works. I'm happy again. The live tooling is not my top priority right now, but will get back to that when I have more time. Thank you for your time.

Bill