585,991 active members*
4,569 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Autocabinet and enroute

Im looking for feed back on autocabinets, i know its expensive, but look like great software?

david

tony of enroute, routercad gave me the online demo lastweek and i was impressed, we are currently using cabinetpartspro while we are in our learning curve but will be looking at enroute again jim

We purchased Autocabinets, the door module, dovetail drawer module and Enroute Wood Pro.

It was expensive, but that is relative. Some people grip about spending 10k on software to run there 30k-60k machine, but really the software is what gives you the most out of the machine and streamlines your processes. We budgeted 10k for start-up software, but having a computer back ground I guess we realized that these days the hardware is cheap compared to the software to make it all work. Look at any productivity software, what is an AutoCad license compared to the price of a computer to run it and a printer to output.

My business partner has 15 years AutoCAD and Solidworks experience and also does G-Code programming so I left it up to him to demo the software packages.

He was quite impressed and liked the interaction with Enroute.

I am waiting for the software to show up so I have yet to use it. We will definitely give our thoughts and opinions on here once we have had a chance to use it. Our only reservation with going with RouterCad/Enroute package over Cabinetpro was the lack of feedback from users.

I guess we rolled the dice a little on this one, in the end there might have been a better solution for us, but we are confident that this package will get us producing what we need right away, spending anymore time evaluating software will cost us more in down time than it is worth.

Another user on the forum, BensMillwork uses this software as well, he has much more insight and helped us out with the decision as well.

Hope it helps.

Spencer.