584,833 active members*
5,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 32 of 32 22303132

Re: XYZ Probe modification

Thanks Gerry. I thought he mean't something non-zero. Now I wonder if I had deleted the value and left it blank or in focus when I started the prob routine. I've read several times that Mach will do mysterious things, I literally had a dream that the machine went haywire and was banging against the stops, and it takes a good minute for the caps to drain.

Hi, I have been trying out the x-y pipe centre zero vb script, I have it working but have a little problem someone may be able to help with. My Mach3 is setup in mm rather than inches which means the max travel the probe will move in any direction before giving up is 3mm, my pipe for centre is 12mm diameter. I have edited the VB script so that the x-y probe limits are increased to 10 and saved the script, re started Mach 3 but it still only moves 3mmbefore returning to the centre. Any ideas why the increased values do not make any difference when I run the script ?

Are you sure that your editing the correct script? Is it in a button, or is it a macro?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have opened the script using the menu 'Operator' - 'Edit VB Script' button. The script that opens is called 'Hiddenscript.m1s the script below is the original and I edited the '3' in the x-y movement to '10' (4 entries). Saved, re started. Is this is the wrong way to do it ?

Code:
    Rem    VBScript To center probe inside a pipe

If GetOemLed (825) <> 0 Then         'Check to see if the probe is already grounded or faulty
        Code "(Probe plate is grounded, check connection and try again)"
    Else
        FeedCurrent = GetOemDRO(818)     'Get the current settings
        XCurrent = GetDro(0)
        YCurrent = GetDro(1)

Code "G4 P1"            'Pause 1 second to give time to position probe plate
        Code "F500"            'slow feed rate to 4 ipm

Rem    Probe left

XNew = Xcurrent - 3        'probe 3 inches to left
        Code "G31 X" &XNew
        While IsMoving()        'wait for the move to finish
        Wend
        XPos1 = GetVar(2000)        'get the probe touch location

Code "G0 X" &XCurrent        'rapid move back to start point

Rem    Probe right

XNew = XCurrent + 3        'probe 3 inches to right
        Code "G31 X" &XNew
        While IsMoving()
        Wend
        XPos2 = GetVar(2000)

XCenter = (XPos1 + XPos2) / 2    'center is midway between XPos1 and XPos2
        Code "G0 X" &XCenter        'rapid move to the x center location

Rem    Probe up

YNew = YCurrent + 3
        Code "G31 Y" &YNew
        While IsMoving()
        Wend
        YPos1 = GetVar(2001)

Code "G0 Y" &YCurrent

Rem    Probe down

YNew = YCurrent - 3
        Code "G31 Y" &YNew
        While IsMoving()
        Wend
        YPos2 = GetVar(2001)

YCenter = (YPos1 + YPos2) / 2

Rem    move to the center

Code "G0 Y" &YCenter
        While IsMoving ()
        Wend

Code "F" &FeedCurrent          'restore starting feed rate
    End If

Are you saving to "Hiddenscript.m1s"?

After editing, just do a File > Save.
    Do not Save As Hiddenscript.m1s
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Gerry, I have tried to just use File > Save instead of 'Save As' but this has not changed anything. I wonder if there is another instance of the file in a different place. Could I be editing the wrong file ? C:/mach3/macros/mack3mill

Hi, Thanks for all the pointers, I have now got this working and of course it was down to me doing the editing wrongly. I needed to select 'Edit Button Script' and not 'VB Script Editor' from the 'Operators' menu. I think I understand how the editing file system works now ,
    Cheers
    Mick

I misread your post, and thought that you were using Edit Button Script, or I would have pointed that out.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Thanks Gerry, Being new to this cnc stuff is quite a big learning curve but I am enjoying learning by my mistakes as well as help from the cnczone members,

I found the MachBlue somewhere, although not on the links above. I got same screen. Ended up finding the "tex" version and that seems to work. THANKS TO ALL!
    I do have a question though. How does one change the 2" "timeout" when trying to find the center of a hole. I'm working on a Bridgeport Interact II and have a hole that's about 8" in diameter. THANKS AGAIN!!

Chuck Merja, Montana

Hey Im interested in knowing if you got your omio to work with the blue screen probing button? Im currently having trouble it not consistant and doesnt find the center but the probing function seems to work.

Cheers
    Aaron

Will this work when using metric in Mach3?

Quote Originally Posted by winand View Post
    Will this work when using metric in Mach3?
    Yes I use it with metric, just remember to change the dimensions in the script, eg. if the time out for centre detection is '2' then you are going to only have a 2mm distance before timeout rather than 2". I increased mine to 50.

graet post ..i will try soon

Hello,

Iam new here and iam trying to figure out how to fix a auto zero plate. I watched plenty of videos and it look so easy but iam using the AKZ 250 USB card and it seems that dont work the same. I found a electric scheme how to connect either a single wire or a two wire "tool" sensor. At the moment i have connected probe on pin15 and from the scheme i found for the akz250 i should take a external power supply 5-48 volt and use a resistor depending on the voltage. This works but it gives a big "short" with some "fire".

Question 1, Can a single wire touch tool sensor be a metal plate or does this have to be some kind of sensor ? if so, can i somehow adjust the amp to a lower ammount so the short is not so strong ? or is this totaly wrong ?
    Question 2, The homing switches is connected on pin 1-3 from the fabric, these work and they are driven by same power supply but those cables goes thru the relay in the middle of the board and power supply, should i do the same with the probe cable's ?
    Question 3, On the electrical scheme from the USB board i see that i should connect from GND to the power supply but it doesnt say if i should to go GND on the power supply or on V-, i tested with GND but with no success, only works on V- but then again i get a big short when tuching the plate.

I attached some pictures, ive been working with only this feature for 3 days so iam very greatful for help!

Thanks!

Rejman.

The plate should be connected to the other side of the resistor, see attached modified drawing:

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails koppling.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Thanks Jeff, that kinda makes sense :idea: will try this tomorrow

Question Re: XYZ Probe modification

Hi There,

I followed these instructions setting this up and initially it worked perfectly fine. Now for some reason when I push the Z- probe button it jogs down and touches, then retreats up about 3-5mm then touches down again, zeros itself on top of the touch plate, then pushes down on the touch plate by about 5mm which puts lot of strain on the router bit, spindle and gantry. I am not sure what I have done but it used to retreat up approx 5mm above my touch plate. Even when I put the offset thickness back to zero in it still does the same thing.

Video Link here
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/gjSeWWsVFiwifc8D8

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marcus

Page 32 of 32 22303132