585,888 active members*
4,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mastercam mpmaster editing

Anyone know how to edit the mpmaster mc post ?
    I want the suequence numbers only with a toolchange, it is possible with this post only i don't know how.
    using mastercam x2 mr2

thnx

turn off the sequence numbers in the control definition. THen go into the post processor file and find the line of code that is outputting the Tool call.

In MPMaster there are lots of condition statemtns that are in this section so there may be manny lines outputting the tool data based on settings in the top of the post.

Anyhow once you find the line that is outputting the tool change the n$ to *n$ to force out the line number value.

This should do it.

PS. This logic should be found in the ptlchg_com postblock if it is like there other posts.
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?

This is a little more involved than that. I have made up my own variable then used that to make my N numbers per Toolchange. Now if you want the N number to match the tool number that is a different way. Which way are you looking to do or to accomplish.

My first time reading thru this section of the forum. I am amazed at the number of posts that end with no idea if the problem was solved or not.

Our posts are set up with a line number for the first block of an operation only. We use the tool number times 100.

Are you looking for something like this? Did you ever solve the problem?

Thats usually because if they don't get an answer in a day or two they become frustrated and dissappear.
    Most people don't realize it might take a few days or a week or so, for someone who has already solved that particular problem, to find their post and reply.
    Oh well, we just have to keep trying.
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.