585,712 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Machine base made of polymer concrete

In terms of machine base,what's difference between polymer concrete and iron cast?

Steven.ji, Check out "epoxy-granite machine bases" thread in the "general mechanical/engineering design" forum. Very detailed discussion on this subject. Early pages compare the epoxy type stuff to iron, aluminum concrete etc.

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Hi Steven Ji, I feel regret seeing your message so late,our comany are specilized in manufacturing epoxy granit ,compared with iron cast ,polymer has the capability of high vibration damping;design flexibility;lower thermal expansion coefficient than metalli castings;much more stable than iron cast ,we have many customers including SIEMENS;HWACHEON...you could check our website for more information :www.jnnano.com ,any question pls email to me :[email protected]

Grace

I've viewed your website, it's wonderful.
    Would you pls post some introduction for us?

about polymer

Quote Originally Posted by Steven.ji View Post
    I've viewed your website, it's wonderful.
    Would you pls post some introduction for us?
    Hi Steven.Ji,
    I feel gald to receive your reply.my polymer information is too large to been attached,only one file succeed,I list the other file as below ,pls check(it is the polymer property),whether this information is enough ,if you want to know more ,pls feel free to let me know.(it is much better if you could give me your email address for me to sent to you )

Non-metallic polymer composite(mineral casting)is a kind of new structure material, also named man-made granite in China. It is a combination of epoxy, natural granite and selected additives. It replaces traditional materials, such as iron, aluminum and steel, used in the manufacture of machine bases. Castings can be manufactured to finished tolerances, and the resulting item outperforms alternative materials. Polymer composite provides many advantages over metals, just like vibration damping, strong conformity structure, chemical resistance, design flexibility, environmental protection,
    lower energy consumption and so on.

It is widely used in high-precision grinder machining center, high-precision milling machine base. It can get specially practical value to use the polymer composite with its high cost-performance. At present, in Europe and the United States etc., it has been widely used and has played a key role in improving the precision and property of the machine. But in Chinese market, it’s still a gap and has more potential. After 8 years research, our company has developed the material and has applied the patent with No. PCT/CN2005/001306.

The mineral casting is new environmental protection material. As the components of machinery, it could replace traditional cast iron with the best price and good quality. Now NANO CAST has covered many industries, such as machine tools, semiconductor, LCD, medical, electron, aviation and optics industries

(一)THE ADVANTAGE OF MINERAL CASTING
    1、Design flexibility and Integrity
    Because of the different processes and materials performance with cast iron, it can get more complex shape by gluing polymer composite specially, then get the ideal shape which iron casting could not achieve.

The mineral casting has perfect integrity, custom linear ways, hydraulic fluid tanks, threaded inserts, cutting fluid and conduit piping can all be integrated into the polymer base. For example, during processing of machine tools base, the guide way can be casted into the polymer composite directly, and then we can machining it to get the accuracy. Its thermal expansion coefficient is similar with steel that all material could be combined perfectly. It shorts production time to assemble and fix, then improves the production efficiency and economic benefits excellently.

2、High-precision

The heat distortion of polymer composite is small and there is no local contractibility. The precision is much higher than cast iron. Casting to precision is highly desirable as it eliminates expensive secondary operations. Even if you need more higher precision, it also can be achieved using secondary machining, lapping, grinding or grouting processes.
    3、Vibration damping
    NANO CAST dampens vibration approximately 10 times better than cast iron and 45 times better than steel due to its higher dynamic stiffness. Reduction of vibration means improved system performance and tool life. Especially for large shock, polymer composite has extremely shock-absorbing capacity, motor shock and the shock produced by the forklift will bring little influence. So it can keep the precision of the machine. Using the polymer composite as the machine tool base, it can assure the precision of the base, then keep the other part’s precision, so as to improve the precision of the whole machine tool.

4、Thermal stability
    The polymer composite is not sensitive for the temperature and the thermal conductivity is much lower than the metal. So it could control the geometry tolerance to the minimum, so as to ensure the precision of the machine tool.
    5、chemical and corrosion resistance
    NANO CAST offers excellent strength and chemical resistance to most common solvents, acids, alkalis and cutting fluids. Because of the good corrosion resistance, it can keep a cavity in the product to store the liquids in advance. That will save the time to assemble the cavity, thereby increasing the production and economic benefits greatly.

1.Technical Training:To provide customers with the basic knowledge of mineral
    casting structural design and application etc;
    2.Product Design:Choose the best application scheme as per customer’s
    request and design the perfect structure, including the basic finite element analysis;
    3.The Design and Manufacture of Molds: To design and manufacture the mold
    that meet all function requirements of the products.
    4.Products Processing: To meet the requirements of the drawings; to supply a full
    range of machining services; To provide technical support for the casting mineral
    processing.
    5.The Assembly of Auxiliary Parts: To provide customers with the assembly of
    related auxiliary parts, such as linear guide etc.

Western Europe, Japan and other developed countries, they are using the mineral cast instead
    of the traditional iron cast. In Western Europe such as Germany, they have already used for more
    than 20 years. I believe that this product will be certainly popular by the majority of its customers

Grace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 图片2.jpg