585,735 active members*
4,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > comparable lathe size wise and price wise to a tormach mill

comparable lathe size wise and price wise to a tormach mill

well i am trying to find if there is a lathe that would be in the same weight category and price as a tormach mill, of course not manual but cnc i know i could do a conversion but i would like a full package with warranty
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Tormach is developing a lathe to go with their mill. They also have made a small "duality" lathe that will go on the table. The duality lathe is supposed to be introduced later this year, with the "full"size lathe being introduced next year.

so i guess currently there is no comparable sized machine... unfortunate
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Wouldnt the syil c6 fit pretty well with the Tormach? Its a good size cnc benchtop. On second thought, it only weighs about 500lbs so it is a good bit lighter.

Grizzly has a 12X24 and a 12X36 belt-driven v-bed lathe that is approximately the same size and weight as the Tormach. Fairly inexpensive at >$2500. That gives you about $4500 for a conversion to ballscrews, steppers and Gecko drivers, and assorted pieces. Quite doable, price wise. The price point I was referring to was the @$7000 of the Tormach mill.

Quote Originally Posted by pzzamakr1980 View Post
    Wouldnt the syil c6 fit pretty well with the Tormach? Its a good size cnc benchtop. On second thought, it only weighs about 500lbs so it is a good bit lighter.
    humm no its +/-600pound so around 400pounds lighter

Quote Originally Posted by 307startup View Post
    Grizzly has a 12X24 and a 12X36 belt-driven v-bed lathe that is approximately the same size and weight as the Tormach. Fairly inexpensive at >$2500. That gives you about $4500 for a conversion to ballscrews, steppers and Gecko drivers, and assorted pieces. Quite doable, price wise. The price point I was referring to was the @$7000 of the Tormach mill.
    nah idd like a machine that would be cnc not a machine that i would have to retrofit but yes i agree it would work but then i could do it with my 11x26 weiss lathe