586,024 active members*
4,064 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Who has the best Tech Support

Who has the best Tech Support

From your Experience, WHO (which machine tool mfg.) has the best technical phone support.

I vote HURCO ! (I work for Hurco) !

Brock

Hello

I think Hurco and HAAS both have excellent customer support. I only had one problem with Hurco. The shop that I worked at bought a HTX 500 and when it came to programming the machine with conversional programming, the tech people didn't have much help to offer (it seems like Hurco dose not know how to program there own machine). All Hurco could tell me was "if your going to index the pallet, use a rotary position block". Ok, so what is the best way of touching the tools off and picking up your new offset every time you index the pallet? It seems like I was better off programming the machine with G&M codes because that part of the machine was already proven out and industry already knew how to program a horizontal machine with G&M codes. Although, we broke the "indexing lock pin" on the loading side of pallet changer so Hurco took a part off one of ther machines and sent us a replacement the next day so we were only down for a day or two which I would like to thank them for.

On the negative side, Kia machines have poor customer support. We had some hardware issues with some of our kia machines and all they had to say "it's just the way it is, deal with it". We also got a new hyndia-kia machine and it's not much different. Most of the tech people can only speak broken English so it's hard to communicate with them.

glovebox20

Smile

What shop did you work for with an HTX500 ?

I curious to know.

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Brock_r View Post
    What shop did you work for with an HTX500 ?

I curious to know.

Brock

Hey Brock

I work at Northern Valley Machine in East Grand Forks, MN. My company purchased the HTX 500 in March of 2007. At the time, I was told it was the first HTX 500 sold in the U.S. and it was HTX 500 #12. It has proven out to be a OK machine so far but could use some improvements in the next model. The biggest changes I would like to see is improvement of the enclosure. I would like to see a sliding door by the control panel and for it to be sealed up better. The operator can get a shower of coolant while loading the pallets and chips can still fly out of the machine under high removeal rates. Also, if they could mover the Tool changer back farther (Z home would be great) It would make programming easier and the machine run faster. But for some setups, this machine sure is hard to beat.

glovebox20