585,712 active members*
4,210 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Danichi B45 Fanuc 10T Error OT007

Danichi B45 Fanuc 10T Error OT007

Good morning I have a Danichi B45 that has been running fine. Yesterday it gave a 0T007 alarm. We are unable to power the machine up now. All of the alarm lights are on. It was in the middle of a cut and just shut down. Any insight would be appreicated.
    Thanks
    Perry

You have a hard overtravel limit, either a limit was reached or the wiring is open, these limits are N.C. limits so if anything opens up, you get an O.T.
    You should have a Fanuc maintenance manual for this machine, also the input can be seen on the screen by checking the I/O, the limits are pre-defined inputs.
    Some machines are fitted with and over ride switch when a OT occurs.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the reply. We are trying to trace the problem now. The O.T. reset button does not work. We were in the middle of a cut in the center of travel so the machine did not O.T. It must be some kind of open wiring. We are trying to isolate the problem now. Just looking for direction. We do have manuals.
    Thanks

The other thing is if you have a 24vdc failure somwhere, although normally this can give you multi switch O.T.'s
    Al.

Albert E.

Ok we have 24v to connection 106 which on our schematic is just before the PRE (what ever that means). We are stuck on where to go from here. We believe this means we have 24v through our limit switches. What if anything could you suggest we look at next.
    Thanks

The manual states it is a "plus" hard limit so look at the + OT inputs.

Please check 3.2A fuse located on the I/O board (which is mounted on the master board). You may have to remove the I/O board from master PCB to be able to see the fuse. Just don't disconnect the connectors from I/O board.

Do you have the schematic manual for this machine?
    You can look at the respective inputs on the screen in the diagnostic, and tripping the respective switches should see a change from 1 to 0.
    The inputs are Xxxx,x and the outputs Yyyy.y
    Depending if you have a PMC type I/O then if so they will probably be in the X001.0 to X001.7.
    The input schematic should show the address.
    Al.

Albert E.

Well we found the problem. It was a 1.6A fuse on the COP4 board. Thanks for all the help.
    Perry

Well our problem seems to be a repeat offender. We can replace the fuse and the machine will run about 2 hrs then pop the fuse again. We have to let it cool down before it will run again with a new fuse. What would be the most likely cause to make this happen?
    Thanks

Please let us know Fanuc part number of the board where the fuse is mounted on so that we can identify it. Fanuc part numbers for PCBs are usually A16B-xxxx-xxxx or A20B-xxxx-xxxx.

The board in question is A20B-1000-094.
    Thanks for the help

I was afraid of that. A20B-1000-0940 is a connection unit or I/O PCB. Basically all the input/output to and from machine side goes through this board. Since the trouble is intermitted, it will make even more difficult to track it down. Anyway, I don't think the problem is PCB itself but something connected to it. Since the trouble occurs after a couple of hours I am wondering if you can pin point to what operation does it coincide with when the fuse blow. Good luck.

We let the machine cool until this morning and it would not power up It would pop the fuse every time. The first time it went down it was O.D. turning toward the chuck. The second time it was in the middle of parting a piece off.
    Thanks

You may want to concentrate on looking at either output devices or inputs that are non-passive such as three wire proximity switches etc, the fact that usually the passive input devices like contact limit switches switch to common (gnd), any problem on these devices or the wiring to them, usually just means that either they are on all the time or permanently open, a short circuit does no harm to the board.
    The three wire devices, prox's etc are another matter, or an output device that either the wiring or the device shorts to ground, as these have 24vdc on them.
    If you have a fuse that persistently blows, try disconnecting all the Honda wiring plugs and re-insert one at a time, this way you can at least zero in on which the offending items may be.
    Hopefully you have the I/O schematic, as this is needed to do any serious trouble shooting.
    Al.

Albert E.

Is it fixed??
    Al.

Albert E.

Sorry for taking so long to get back on. We have been swamped and have not fooled with this machine in a couple of weeks. I still have the problem we have checked all the wires, switches, proximities and anything that we think might be attached to the I/o board. Now it will not power up at all just pops the fuse every time. I guess my only option now is to get a tech guy in to get me going. Anyone have any other options I would like hearing them.

Thanks
    Perry

Does it still pop the fuse on power up with all the I/O Honda plugs (square blue connectors) removed?
    If it is OK at this point, plug the Honda's in one at a time, find out what I/O is on this plug and and this should help narrow it down.
    Al.

Albert E.