585,992 active members*
5,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > syil c6 lathe help required

Question syil c6 lathe help required

Hello,
    I have recently acquired a syil c6 on ebay ( I recieved no instructions). I am having trouble setting up the ports and pins, inputs and outputs etc in mach 3 turn. I know there is a profile on the syil america website. The trouble is I dont know how to upload it to mach 3 turn! I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction. Alternatively if someone could tell me the correct port/pins configurations for the c6 cnc in mach 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    MAny thanks,
    Graeme.

Just put the profile in the Mach3 folder, Mach will see it when it starts up. Use the Mach3 Loader icon to start Mach3 and it will allow you to choose the profile you want to run.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

Smile

Thanks, will try it out when I get to the workshop,
    Graeme

Hi gglynn81,
    I don't think the yellow homing switches should be lit when you first start up. I would normally jog the axis to move away from the switch and then try to home but if they stay lit even when the axis are moved they may be set up wrong in the Config tab,Ports and Pins tab, Input Signals tab; find the 'Active Low' setting area for the Home switch that stays lit and click the red X to make it a check mark(green). This should turn the Yellow LED off and now maybe it will find Home also. Do this for both affected switches. Now when you first load the Mach3 controller check the diagnostics page to be sure the LED lights are not on. Be ready to stop the machine if the axis do not find the Home switch. I do not have the C6 yet but this is what I have had to do with my SX3 mill. I have wanted to get the C6 for some time now, I will look forward to see some things you have done with yours and read about it here. I hope I have been able to help in some way.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes