584,837 active members*
5,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > DNC, drip feed, Old fanuc OM-B, need to modify Ladder for g127.5 , Eprom

DNC, drip feed, Old fanuc OM-B, need to modify Ladder for g127.5 , Eprom

Hi everyone,

I want to run my machine in 'Tape mode, DNC, Dripp feed' (I don't know what is the correct name for it)

I have a Takisawa MAC-V1E with a Fanuc OM model B (controller. I have already upgraded the memory to 128kB (320m), is not posible to see the ladder in this controller, Ladder is in 2 Eproms (UVproms) HN27C256AG-15 PGM 12.5v (see photo)

We have already tried to change the parameters 0002 and 0552. It doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it have a special technique to call a DNC programme form this controller (i am open to new suggestion about how to make it work without touching the ladder)

DNC (drip feed or G127.5) option dos not seem to be enable in the ladder. So if i understand well, i need to reed it, erase it with UV and after i can right the modified ladder on it. I have An Eprom Programmer (USB), and UV light for erase it, a dos emulator, and the old version of Fapt Ladder.

I need help to make it work, I don't find a identical situation in an other Thread, I have a PMC-L with a 27C256 Eprom.

Thanks a lots for your reply ( sorry for my English i talk french.

Re: DNC, drip feed, Old fanuc OM-B, need to modify Ladder for g127.5 , Eprom

...more DNC information that might help ya
    https://www.connectcnc-dnc.com/Settings/Fanuc0T&M.html

I have an OMC machine. M51 turns on DNC. M50 off. You don't call to receive the program, you send it while the machine is in Auto mode after entering M51. Start transfer and hit Cycle Start. On mine you can[t see but a few lines of the program while cutting.

This may or may not work on your machine.

Normally on them you select tape mode press cycle start then start sending to the control

Machinehop5 :https://www.connectcnc-dnc.com/Settings/Fanuc0T&M.html dos not help me, but y tried to Select AUTO (DNC) mode and send the program from the computer, then press Cycle Start on the Fanuc.
    Every time i check if my parameter 127.5 change. i thinks we need to change something in the ladder. thanks.

the_gentlegiant : M50 & M51 for my machine is for the air blast ...thanks !

i don have any physic switch to turn the tape on... i've read a lots of threads about it, i am open if you have something new.

I think its time to see the ladder, i need help to make it, and i need help to read it ans also do the change ... (i have a small budget to the modification of the ladder)

Quote Originally Posted by systronic View Post
    M50 & M51 for my machine is for the air blast ...thanks !
    Yes I had my doubts. Something like that is Machine Builder Specific. You sounded desperate for an answer, so I gave it a shot with the only alternative information I knew about. At least you didn't waste any time with it.

Good luck figuring it out.

You know 128k is a fair amount of memory unless you're doing super sick 3D stuff. If you haven't already, you can shrink program size considerably by eliminating all line numbers and messages in your programs. Eliminate all repeats of modal commands too. Maybe even eliminating spaces might help. I see a lot of post processors repeating modal commands which is totally not needed. Again like useless line numbers. You could even change all your G and M commands to two spaces instead of three. Like G1 instead of G01. M6 instead of M06 etc. My OM will take it either way. Subroutines can help in certain work too, though they might have to be resident on the control while you're DNC-ing the main program.

Anyway... until you get your DNC figured out, some of this might help shrink some of your programs enough to get them fully resident on the control.

As mbservice says for dripfeed:

?Tape mode
    ?Cycle start (in my control lsk starts blinking on the screen)
    ?Send from the PC

Maybe this doesn't work. In that case try only transfer the program

?Edit mode
    ?I/O (soft keys)
    ?Punch (lsk starts blinking)
    ?Send from PC

Let us know how it figures out

Enviado desde mi SM-J700M mediante Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    Yes I had my doubts. Something like that is Machine Builder Specific. You sounded desperate for an answer, so I gave it a shot with the only alternative information I knew about. At least you didn't waste any time with it.

Good luck figuring it out.

You know 128k is a fair amount of memory unless you're doing super sick 3D stuff. If you haven't already, you can shrink program size considerably by eliminating all line numbers and messages in your programs. Eliminate all repeats of modal commands too. Maybe even eliminating spaces might help. I see a lot of post processors repeating modal commands which is totally not needed. Again like useless line numbers. You could even change all your G and M commands to two spaces instead of three. Like G1 instead of G01. M6 instead of M06 etc. My OM will take it either way. Subroutines can help in certain work too, though they might have to be resident on the control while you're DNC-ing the main program.

Anyway... until you get your DNC figured out, some of this might help shrink some of your programs enough to get them fully resident on the control.
    I want to make 3d finishing and Dynamic miling , my machine is fast and in a very good shape, in the pas i upgrade the memory but today if i want to have a interesting project i need to have a 3D capability (we can't make a complex 3d part with 128k it can pass in a point by point 3 axis in very short time) . sometime i can make it with a sub programme if is a 2 axis shape in 45 deg and y use a filter also to reduce a code to minimum.
    In 1988 the DNC for its machine was a option. the first owner did not take the option ... it is not on the bill of the machine... so y thinks he didn't take.

I think my best option is to run in DNC or multi programme. i need help to do it. or new solution. (economical solution ... it is a old machine)

I want to make 3d finishing and Dynamic miling , my machine is fast and in a very good shape, in the pas i upgrade the memory but today if i want to have a interesting project i need to have a 3D capability (we can't make a complex 3d part with 128k it can pass in a point by point 3 axis in very short time) . sometime i can make it with a sub programme if is a 2 axis shape in 45 deg and y use a filter also to reduce a code to minimum.
    In 1988 the DNC for its machine was a option. the first owner did not take the option ... it is not on the bill of the machine... so y thinks he didn't take.

I think my best option is to run in DNC or multi programme. i need help to do it. or new solution. (economical solution ... it is a old machine)
    I think you must understand this but just top be sure. DNC only allows you to run bigger programs, it in no way helps the machine react to the commands of the control in a better or faster way. A machine from 1988 with a OM control is going to have a little trouble re-creating modern 3D tool paths. I've run some simple ones on my 1997 OMC and if the feed rate gets too high (not really very high) the machine starts jumping and vibrating. In short, it can't keep up. Data Starvation in DNC can become a problem too. What you really need for your 3D stuff is Look Ahead. My other machine with Fanuc 18MC and Look Ahead, can run the same program I tried on my OMC machine at more then five time faster feedrate without problems.

I hope it works out for you with what you have. But if ever shopping in the future keep you eye out for some version of Look Ahead functionality on the control.

I do wish I had the equipment and smarts to write and change a ladder. That would be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by the_catalyst View Post
    As mbservice says for dripfeed:

?Tape mode
    ?Cycle start (in my control lsk starts blinking on the screen)
    ?Send from the PC

Maybe this doesn't work. In that case try only transfer the program

?Edit mode
    ?I/O (soft keys)
    ?Punch (lsk starts blinking)
    ?Send from PC

Let us know how it figures out

I retied bolt to be sure, it it is not working, thanks, ! Other ideas ?

I Don't know if is posible to make a macro to emulated it ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_gentlegiant View Post
    I think you must understand this but just top be sure. DNC only allows you to run bigger programs, it in no way helps the machine react to the commands of the control in a better or faster way. A machine from 1988 with a OM control is going to have a little trouble re-creating modern 3D tool paths. I've run some simple ones on my 1997 OMC and if the feed rate gets too high (not really very high) the machine starts jumping and vibrating. In short, it can't keep up. Data Starvation in DNC can become a problem too. What you really need for your 3D stuff is Look Ahead. My other machine with Fanuc 18MC and Look Ahead, can run the same program I tried on my OMC machine at more then five time faster feedrate without problems.

I hope it works out for you with what you have. But if ever shopping in the future keep you eye out for some version of Look Ahead functionality on the control.

I do wish I had the equipment and smarts to write and change a ladder. That would be fun!
    Thanks !

Yes i want to run a bigger programme, because :
    Is very hard and big time consuming to make a small programmes (i don't talk about removing some character on the programme.)
    Is impossible to make a complex form finishing pass on a big part (need like 100 programmes or more)
    Is Impossible to run Mastercam dynamic toolpath (like HSM...) with 128k,

I understand the fact of my controller can have a speed limit on Drippfeed because of the Look Ahead., but compare to have to load manually news programme every 5 minutes of machining. I think i can be better to run lower feed an compensate with a bigger chip load. (compromise)

What bolt are you refering to?

Edit mode, I/O "Input'(lsk starts blinking), Send from PC = load programme in the memory
    Edit mode, Cycle start (lsk no blinking), Send from PC = noting append in controller
    Auto mode, I/O "Input'(lsk starts blinking), Send from PC = load programme in the memory
    Auto mode, Cycle start (lsk no blinking), Send from PC = noting append in controller

I don't have a Tape mode (See pic of my controler).... it what i want !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails contrôleur.jpg  

Hello everybody

We see on the picture of my controller, it seems to be missing a switch. no?

Please send me the EPROM data on my PM

Hi everyone,

I want to run my machine in 'Tape mode, DNC, Dripp feed' (I don't know what is the correct name for it)

I have a Takisawa MAC-V1E with a Fanuc OM model B (controller. I have already upgraded the memory to 128kB (320m), is not posible to see the ladder in this controller, Ladder is in 2 Eproms (UVproms) HN27C256AG-15 PGM 12.5v (see photo)

We have already tried to change the parameters 0002 and 0552. It doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it have a special technique to call a DNC programme form this controller (i am open to new suggestion about how to make it work without touching the ladder)

DNC (drip feed or G127.5) option dos not seem to be enable in the ladder. So if i understand well, i need to reed it, erase it with UV and after i can right the modified ladder on it. I have An Eprom Programmer (USB), and UV light for erase it, a dos emulator, and the old version of Fapt Ladder.

I need help to make it work, I don't find a identical situation in an other Thread, I have a PMC-L with a 27C256 Eprom.

Thanks a lots for your reply ( sorry for my English i talk french.

Quote Originally Posted by cnc.techie View Post
    Please send me the EPROM data on my PM
    Can you help me with it ? Thanks for your reply !

Hi everyone,

So I need a good guy with a Fanuc PC writer to help me.

I know right now we do not able to edit a ladder if we read it form other eprom programmer.
    We need to use a Fanuc pc writer with a old dos computer (because a serial port needed and dos fladder programme)
    I have a dos pc but i don't have a Fanuc pc writer.

I have already my OE1.bin And OE2.Bin files reddy to go..

I want to activate drip feed G127.5 on my ladder,

Please someone can help ? My e-mail [email protected]

hello!...do you have the binary files of the master card A16B-1010-0210/16D of the Centrum 3000 punch press...they are OE1, OE2, OC1, and OC2...the executive software version is 0130-11?

hello

ı can support you.