584,861 active members*
4,815 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Tree VMC 60?

Tree VMC 60?

Looking for any feed back on the mid 90's Tree VMC's. Found a Tree VMC 60 in my town but know nothing about the tree VMC's.

Any imput is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

We have a VMC500. It was acquired before I started here (1yr 3mos ago) so I don't know a lot of it's history. It has proven to be a workhorse for us. We have had some air hose problems and some problems with the adjustments on the head.

The hoses were troublesome at first as they are metric. But we found SAE hoses that were close enough to work. Just a tight fit.

The head adjustments (sensors) was caused by a cylinder that had rotated to a point that the sensors could no longer see it. After me spending a few hours trying to get them adhusted a local (Orlando) repairman finally found the problem and put everything k in place. No problems since.

In my opinion, the biggest concern would be finding replacement parts and knowledgeable service if/when needed> I wouldn't expect that to be very often.

I don't know if I can offer anymore, but if you have other questions, let me know!

Leon
    "Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer."

tree

absolutely the best buy for the money.Ours is a 1997 VMC60. Had a service man out maybe 5 times in 14 years. We had a 20 hp Mazak VTC and the tree
    nest to each other If you took a 3/4 end mill (full cut) .500 deep on both machines and kept turning up the feedrate and rpms equally on both machines.
    At some point the mazak would stahl. The tree kept going until it broke the end mill.

It is a hog. Largest and best built frame in its class.Dont know anyone that had one, giving it up unless it was for a newer one.

Don't sell them anymore. ZPS the polish company that made the mill has come out with a line of machines with different controls than the tree. That will be where I would look if I bought another machine

I have run Bridgeport, Fadal, Mazak, Hurco, Cincinatti. None can hold a candle to the Tree

I've never heard of a VMC60, You sure it's not a VMC 760?

Vmc 1060

My mistake. VMC 1060 with Delta 50 controls

That machine will take a beating and come back for more. The 1060's I believe don't have the shifter problems like the 840/1050's did. The dynapath I love, but some people find it cumbersome or not up to modern standards, but I think thats personal taste. Parts don't really seem to be a problem yet, from what i've seen. My friend is the local rep/service guy for all the old Tree stuff, so there are independents around that work on them.

Parts, service, etc. is no problem for a VMC1060. New, used, and refurbished parts are avaialble. We (ZPS) built those for TREE and the 1060 is still a current model for us, albeit quite improved/updated over the years. The 1060 has a better designed shifter that the old 840/1050 did, as stated by "underthetire", but there are improvements that can be made to the older versions also.

Bob