584,871 active members*
5,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New sram backup question.....

I have 2 Mori MSC-501 controls that I can't get the SRAM backed up. It tells me "memory card mount error". What does this mean? I can't find a card slot inside the control cabinet?

Thanks

PAINS

ajm100a The memory card is mounted on I believe the card that the drive axis cables go to. Follow from you x-y-z- data cables to where they plug in. This unit is where your memory card is. It is on the board and is actully a chip. Not a card. If this is seated correctly. It may be defective.
    The last time I loaded SRAM into that control There was a process that needed two procedures One from Fanuc and the other from Mori. It consisted of typeing in a code to open the memory to accept the informetion Once that was done We had to load the memory 3 times in a row to get them to accept the data.
    Thinking way back when this happened I did have to contact Mori and Fanuc to get this to work. Fanuc came in They talked to the guys at Mori Chicago and had it repaired in 3-4 hours. It was worth haveing them come in.
    Good Luck

Problem was that older Fanuc controls (I forget the models...16, 18) have the card slot, but cannot use flash memory cards. These have to have a sram card. The PMC doesn't communicate with flash cards in pcmcia adapters.
    Like the first ones used sram cards, the next ones use ATA cards, then the latest ones use flash cards....so confusing. Why doesn't someone or something make all machine makers use a standard format....wouldn't it be easier?

As my experience in machines, 16/18 A doesn't have the capability to back up information tot he PC card, B and C does have this capability, models i also. I belive you have a 16A controller. To backup you shall use the RS232 port.

GP.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm100a View Post
    I have 2 Mori MSC-501 controls that I can't get the SRAM backed up. It tells me "memory card mount error". What does this mean? I can't find a card slot inside the control cabinet?

Thanks
    Hi,

I am Brazilian and my English is not good ok! I work in GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms Brazil. You're trying to use a card SRAM or Flash Card? Use only one SRAM Card ....... and format before using the card (Memory Card Format) in the start menu of CNC.
    I hope I have helped.

Eduardo