585,759 active members*
4,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Reconditioned '05-'06 Fadal 6030 Z axis [?] problem

Reconditioned '05-'06 Fadal 6030 Z axis [?] problem

An associate of mine recieved a 6030 VMC with a modified Fadal control [not the original control from what I understand].
    FYI this newer model does not have the Z axis counterbalance weight.
    (This situation did start a few months ago but was resolved after replacing the Z axis motor)
    The problem: when the machine does for a tool change. An alarm on the Z axis.
    Our nearby Fadal dealer sent a tech to investigate the alarm. The Z axis motor was changed out [not the fix], the amplifier was changed out [not the fix].
    Now Fadal [including Ca.] is aware they cannot isolate the cause, nor apply the correct fix to the problem. He can run the machine only by doing manual tool changes and operating the rapid @ 50% until the tool is near the part.
    Does anyone have the newer machine without the counterweight? Has anyone experienced this problem.
    Thank you.
    Bill

this is going to sound pretty silly.

I remember a placed I worked at (late 80's maybe 1990) years and years ago, they had a cnc mill with out a counter weight. some special one they had built. did the same stuff, guys who built it worked on it for months changed every part . finally they reduced the rapids in the paramters. we were a slow shop anyhow.

then one day our drunk smart as hell maintence guy walked up to owner and told him if they leveled the machine perfectly it wouldnt have the problem.

They leveled the machine Again and had no problems, seems the machine had settled a little bit after the initial install, or it wsnt leveled just right.

you have a pretty big machine with alot of weight level would be a key I would think. It maybe something to look into. and its free not taking much time.

If you want to get rid of the problem 100% add the count weight. I think fadal used to have a counter weight and installation procedure. now I don't know.
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

without the 500# of lead, the weight of the head will overload the motor ; Also check
    the head straps; with the machine in Emergency Stop, try to turn the ballscrew by
    hand; too loose or too tight will fault out on rapids.

you wont be able to turn the Z ballscrew by hand because Z motor has a brake in your machine
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

email your phone number I will guide you

What is the control on this machine. Kinda hard to give advice if we don't know what we are dealing with!

Neal

is this CNC 88HS with out any counter weight? If so Fadal made few machine with out counter weight. This must one of those 104D conversion?