584,854 active members*
4,273 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Meldas-M0 Reset on Leadwell MCV-0

I have a brain dead Leadwell MCV-0 machine. When the screen comes up, it stays frozen on the position screen. Is there a way to do a reset on the system? I have looked far and wide to no avail, this system is so old not even meau.com has any documention. My hope was to find a switch or setting that would clear the system (I have a hard copy of the parameters).
    If any knows where to get replacement boards that would be very helpful also, I may need to replace the CPU (GX-25) and memory board (GX-40). The memory board is indicating a parity error.
    Thanks.

May be as simple as re-initializing, format, and re-load parameters. Contact Mits and they should be able to fax a procedure or walk you through it over the phone.

DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE PARAMETERS!!!!

ok now that i said that,as you turn the screen on hold down the letter k ,it will ask if you want to erase the memory,y-n, say yes and it's gone ready to reboot

you may want to check with mits first to make sure,my meldas mo is on a comet, and just incase anyone wants to know the k stands for (kelven,kalvin format?)

Fuzzy,
    Many thanks, holding the k button down did the trick. Everything went back to initial state and the board errors are cleared. I did get a response back from Mitsubishi on how to reset the controller, which was exactly what you suggested. I have include the document I received from Mitsubishi.

I have input the parameters back into the machine but I am getting NO_OPeration alarm and the MODE switch is not being read by the machine. Obviously I am missing something.

Fortunately a member here, "cut more", has an indentical machine and is willing to send me his parameter file. Once I upload them to the machine, I may be able to finally get this thing running.

Many thanks for your help and also "cut more's" help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

When I have to do this, I still have to manualy input some of the paramaters back in,(spindle orient,tool changer,max speed),it changes each time I'v done it.Maybe all you have to do is go through them and check to see that there right compared to what they were.

MCV Meldas MO parameters

Here is a text file of the parameters for my machine.
    I am not sure if all the parameters were output but at least here is a start.
    The machine specs are, Meldas MO control 1986 vintage. 18"x travel, 14"y travel, 14" z travel. 6000 rpm spindle with magnetic sensor orient.

Maybe this will help someone,
    Cutmore
    Attached Files Attached Files

Eric,
    Thanks for the parameter file!

I hooked up the laptop and when I try to upload the parameters, I get a 'device power off' message and nothing is read. I guess I will have to call mitsu and get help on this issue.

Still havin problems I see,sorry to hear that.I looked at the parameter file that cut more put up,and I gotta say thats not like anything I have to punch back in.I can't beleive things would be that diferant,my machine is a 90,but you never know.If you want I can stop buy the shop tommorow and grab my notes on what I have to do to mine,no need to start throwing things at it yet,lol.

mcbrowns,
    Is the message you get device not ready?
    I have gotten that message if I did not do the send file routine properly.
    Try this for communicating, If you find any errors let me know. This is the procedure I use wth Hyperterm and it works fine for mine.

If you or fuzzyracing1967 have a copy of your parameters I would be interested in a copy. I did not have a hard copy of mine so I spent like 3 hours trying to find and write them all down.
    I agree the parameters I posted seem to be lacking, but that was what output. I will try sending the parameters out of my 2nd machine to see if they look the same as I have 2 nearly identical machines side by side, and I will let you know.

Don't junk it yet! On 2nd thought, I know someone who would be interested!:wave:

I was going through my notes and found what may be part of your problem mcbrowns.Before you try to upload your parameters go into the in/out page 5 erase, in "data" put (#1) and in l put (init) then input.you may have to do the same for fixed cycles to, same page but put #4 in data,it has something to do with clearing that part of the memory.I don't know if you will need to clear the fixed cycles or not,but I think you will need to clear first one so you can upload anything.

cut more I do have a hard copy of my parameters but to be honest I don't know where it is,haven't used them for a long time.What I do have is what I punch back in,( user parameters,machine parameters,bit changes in alarm/diagnoses,and system parameters)if you would like to see them no problem I will scan them,just don't mind the bad hand writing.I started to just punch them back in becouse of having to go back through and make sure they were right,takes about 2 hours to do.

Hello,
    The manuals are available online from Mitsubishi for the Meldas M0. Thanks for the reset procedure, I just did that on my Leadwell MCV-550E and now my parity error is gone.

I bought the machine with a bad battery on the GX04 card, so the parameters are gone. I have a new battery in it now, does anybody have parameters for this machine? It is an 85' model.

I am completely new to this machine, can anybody walk me through setting it up from scratch?

Many thanks!
    Carl Crawford

error keyin format

I have a mch450 and pcv-40 okk both with meldas m86 controllers. I call mits often and have nearly every manual. I can not find this error message listed although I get it often when the machine is not working correctly. Does anyone know the explanation? I will buy some used parts in the future 502-452-9851.
    Bob
    Robert Setree 502-452-9851

Machine builder parameters

When I open the parameters with h1000-2=1 and enter 2 times , then 1 and push the top parameter key, I get 3 pages of inputs suppied by the machine tool builder. It contains things like the labels for the axis. It also contains the options for the machine. This is the toughest thing to get right. It may also contain the baud rate for entering the rest of the parameters for h1001-7=1. Does anyone have any of these parameters they can post?
    Bob
    Robert Setree 502-452-9851

Re: Meldas-M0 Reset on Leadwell MCV-0

Hi I have a 1987 mighty comet with meldas mo control do you have the parameters for your meldas? I really need the parameters to get my machine running.

Hi every ad! I have the same controller meladas m0. .but I have problems with Japan language. I want change to English language. Help me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arakow View Post
    Hi I have a 1987 mighty comet with meldas mo control do you have the parameters for your meldas? I really need the parameters to get my machine running.
    you can see my parameter: Attachment 335654
    This one mori seiki with mitsubishi meldas M0.

Cool thank you, however someone has already given me the parameters and my machine is running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Arakow View Post
    Cool thank you, however someone has already given me the parameters and my machine is running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you help me with this parameter? my email: [email protected]

WHAT DO YOU WANT ABOUT THIS PARAMETTER.?

Quote Originally Posted by xtc_bk View Post
    WHAT DO YOU WANT ABOUT THIS PARAMETTER.?
    battery of my machine death. so i need reload all parameter.

Page 1 of 2 12