585,997 active members*
4,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the CNCzone community. I am a High School student who is very keen on the machining industry, and I enjoy doing little projects (keyfobs, etc.) on the school's CNC Haas Mini Mill.

Cant wait to start posting some queries in the near future.

-James

Welcome,
    I too am a noob.
    I've only found this site this year and just gotta say, there are a lot of very helpful people here (not me though, remember the noob thing) and lots of excellent advise.
    Just a word of warning though. This could get expensive...
    I just picked up an X2 a couple of weeks ago and can't seem to stop buying little odds and ends for it. This hobby seems almost as addictive as crack but without the illegal thing...

Quote Originally Posted by HammarskjoldCNC View Post
    Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the CNCzone community. I am a High School student who is very keen on the machining industry, and I enjoy doing little projects (keyfobs, etc.) on the school's CNC Haas Mini Mill.

Cant wait to start posting some queries in the near future.

-James

Damn your highschool has a mini mill, what city are you in?

Someone must have sold there soul to the devil to get that mill.
    Live free or die

haha. I live in thunder bay ON, and the CNC Haas was bought with grant money that was given to the school board. It's got a mountable indexing head to add a fourth axis as well. I might post some pictures of some of the stuff I've programmed and cut so far.

Quote Originally Posted by HammarskjoldCNC View Post
    haha. I live in thunder bay ON, and the CNC Haas was bought with grant money that was given to the school board. It's got a mountable indexing head to add a fourth axis as well. I might post some pictures of some of the stuff I've programmed and cut so far.
    Let me guess. You go to Hammarskjold High School...
    My wife grew up in T Bay and went to Selkirk. We still visit her mother every year and cannot leave without going to the Hoito.

lol yup I go to hamm, and the Hoito Finlandia has the best goddamned pancakes in the whole world.

Im originally from Ottawa, though, and I just moved to TB 2 years ago. Used to fly up here to TB every summer since I was 5 to visit my grandparents here, though.

Anyways enough about me. I'm headin back to work on this really cool twisted-block idea I have for the Haas.