585,685 active members*
4,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DESIGN AND NESTING !

Was wondering if anyone had some input on a good Program for Design and Nesting, I don't want to brake the bank. Thanks Dennis

Make SURE you really want to do automatic nesting before you dump a bunch of money. It will pay for itself if you do lots of small brackets/shapes but different designs (they are never the same) . If it's all the same (production) the time you save won't justify the cost. You can lay out a step & repeat sheet in a few minutes. It has to be able to take a DXF file, nest and add-in the leadins or you will just have to edit and move everything anyway. Job shops that do full sheets of changing production can benefit from nesting but for doing decorative or repeat cutting it will spend most of the time idle. Most nesting programs I have seen still need editing and cleanup. It's not as simple as just hitting a button and everything comes out perfect.

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com

Smile

Nobody here has an input on what they are using, come on guys whats up!

WE-CIM

I use WE-CIM. This is a very user freindly program. The customer service is top notch. They will work with you to customize the program to best suit your needs. I bought the software package thru DynaTorch. I think I paid over 2000.00 for it with Cutting Shop a raster to vector software. It was high, but it's paid for it self after 13 months. http://www.wittlockeng.com/

sheetcam and a cad program

Sheetcam. No question. As for drawing. Some use Corel Draw some use other types of cad programs. I use Rhino because I am very familiar with it and quick with it. I wouldnt' say its the best choice for drawing, but its what I am use to.

Jeff

I run production in my shop. I thought I needed nesting. I have found that most parts I make are repeat parts. I use Sheetcam. Once you get use to it & save your manually nested sheets. The need for automatic nesting has became a non issue for me.

Neil
    If it works.....Don't fix it!