585,602 active members*
3,479 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Trouble with step selection on picstep

Trouble with step selection on picstep

Hello everybody!

Recently me and a friend of mine put together a picstep board. After having some supid minor problem we could get the motor to move. Problem is that nothing seems to change with or without any of the jumpers that are used to change the step to 1/2, 1/4, 1/8.

We´re using 10k ohm resistors in there and we have checked continuity and resistivity. Any idea? Could it be the pic itself? We`ve tried with two...

We are following the picstep v4.0 and firmware v2.0 (no timeout power reduction).

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by federicoortiz12 View Post
    Hello everybody!

Recently me and a friend of mine put together a picstep board. After having some supid minor problem we could get the motor to move. Problem is that nothing seems to change with or without any of the jumpers that are used to change the step to 1/2, 1/4, 1/8.

We´re using 10k ohm resistors in there and we have checked continuity and resistivity. Any idea? Could it be the pic itself? We`ve tried with two...

We are following the picstep v4.0 and firmware v2.0 (no timeout power reduction).

Thanks!!

I assume that you have checked that pins 3,4 are low at the pic in 1/8 step mode and high in full step. The only thing I can think of is that the config bits are not getting set up right by your programmer - but if this were the case then wouldn't having pin 4 low prevent the thing from working at all? Is the thing working in full step mode at all times or can you tell?

The pins do nothing in Version 4. I looked through the code and Phil only has 1/8 programmed.

So you will only get 1/8th no matter what pin setup you choose. Just leave them off.