584,802 active members*
4,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Recommend data transfer software for Fanuc Series 21i-TB

Recommend data transfer software for Fanuc Series 21i-TB

Hi!

We are using Puma 700 & Puma 400 turning centers with Fanuc Series 21i-TB controls.

What would be recommend software (from Fanuc) to transfer data from external PC to these controls?

We are now using WINDPG 1.12 software to transfer data from external PC to control.

Cimco Software
    CNC Edit or DNC Max

[email protected]

Cool DNC Software

I recommend CIMNET by Wonderware. At my company we have tried a number of DNC software packages and none have been as low maintenance and flawless as CIMNET DNC.
    Tom Malafarina

Cimco CNC edit

Cimco edit here also. Has a nice little tool path option with it. Good translate and other handy features.

File Server Software

We use CCI Suite Factory. It includes the operating system w/ protocalls for the individual turning and milling centers. Our system is divided between CNC Milling programs using Smartcam. Milling can access and transfer any program to any one of the milling centers. Turning is mostly Mazak using Mazatrol, we can store Native Mazak files and recall the programs for our repeat jobs. Our new Nexus MAchines are always online for file access. The Other turning center is Fanuc using Canned Cycles, Mostly for roughing ops.

Try Refresh Your Memory.
    www.rym.com
    Free upgrades and support.

Predator Editor is a simple yet powerful CNC editor with backplotting and RS-232 Send/Receive capabilities. If you need remote "request", Predator DNC and Desktop offer this and simultaneous drip-feed capabilities. http://www.predator-software.com

NetDNC - DNC software that is easy to use...

Check out NetDNC from Memex Automation (www.memex.ca). At $275 for a single seat license, you can configure as many machines as you want (like a virtual switch-box) but only transfer with one port at a time. Great on a laptop for service people, or as an enterprise solution for those with dozens of CNCs. A free 40 hour demo means you can try before you buy...

thx for your answers

Do you know is there any official recommendation from Fanuc?

SurfCAM

If you have an edition of Surfcam, so you can load the DNC from it

I amusing dncsoftware very reasonable heres the link
    http://www.dncsoftware.net/

winpcin cnc to pc. pc to cnc

Quote Originally Posted by dblais View Post
    We use CCI Suite Factory. It includes the operating system w/ protocalls for the individual turning and milling centers. Our system is divided between CNC Milling programs using Smartcam. Milling can access and transfer any program to any one of the milling centers. Turning is mostly Mazak using Mazatrol, we can store Native Mazak files and recall the programs for our repeat jobs. Our new Nexus MAchines are always online for file access. The Other turning center is Fanuc using Canned Cycles, Mostly for roughing ops.
    We use FactorSuite also, but it ain't cheap. I like it, but am not familiar with the other software mentioned. All our lathes and mills are wired for DNC. Probably a more powerful program than you need.

Re: Recommend data transfer software for Fanuc Series 21i-TB

CIMCO DNC is very flexible. Takes time to understand, but very powerful once you understand it.

- Deepak

CIMCO DNC will work perfect

Fanuc don't make or recommend any transfer software. Just use any program, it's not rocket science. There are many free programs out there. If all you want is to transfer programs all transfer softwares have the same result.... a transferred program.

I’m using the COMMUNICATION SOFTWARE FOR FANUC CNC , it works very well with all FANUC CNC I have even with old SIEMENS CNC with RS232 connection.
    Now I would like to get rid of cables and use WiFi connection instead.
    This is an old project I have but I do not have experience with wireless connection.
    Has anybody tried to use mentioned software with wireless connection?.
    I downloaded the latest version of COMMUNICATION SOFTWARE FOR FANUC CNC from SOFTPEDIA:
    https://www.softpedia.com/get/System...or-FANUC.shtml

I would really appreciate your help.
    Regards
    Juan Carlos