585,719 active members*
4,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Newby, what make to buy?

Hello! I am on the verge of jumping into cnc, in a fairly big way.
    I have been a visual designer for 15 years, mostly dealing with print media and museum exhibits. I have a technical mind, and have combined intensive software usage with complex output devices through much of my career.

My interest in CNC has a lot to do with intensive 3D rendering. When surfing the net, I am surprised that there isn't more intensive 3D signage and bas relief work on display. Is this because of the time involved in the design, or are there more industrial/and or tech heads than visual people involved?

I live on the edge of Georgian Bay, two hours north of Toronto. I'm looking for a machine I can put to work as part of my business, not a hobby.

AXYS is built in Burlington, less than 2 hours away. Techno is the other one I'm looking at. Any suggestions? I'm concerned about getting good service from distant companies...
    Thanx!

Try this site ... these guys are in Lindsay

www.shopcamrouters.com

Cheers,
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Nicholson View Post
    Hello! I am on the verge of jumping into cnc, in a fairly big way.
    I have been a visual designer for 15 years, mostly dealing with print media and museum exhibits. I have a technical mind, and have combined intensive software usage with complex output devices through much of my career.

My interest in CNC has a lot to do with intensive 3D rendering. When surfing the net, I am surprised that there isn't more intensive 3D signage and bas relief work on display. Is this because of the time involved in the design, or are there more industrial/and or tech heads than visual people involved?

I live on the edge of Georgian Bay, two hours north of Toronto. I'm looking for a machine I can put to work as part of my business, not a hobby.

AXYS is built in Burlington, less than 2 hours away. Techno is the other one I'm looking at. Any suggestions? I'm concerned about getting good service from distant companies...
    Thanx!

Shopbot & Vectric

Hi, Have you checked out Shopbot? They're now bundling Vectric design software? Sounds very much like what you're looking for. Gerry