585,733 active members*
4,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > First impression Onecnc

First impression Onecnc

I'm a computer programmer by trade but built a cnc mill recently and jumped head first into this cnc stuff. After a bit of research I purchased OneCNC mill professional 2003.

My first impression of the company was not very good and they called me out of the blue the other day and gave me additional reason to consider switching to another product but darn it the OneCNC software is fantastic. 2003 is pretty good but the XR interface looks awesome.

Compare OneCNC to the big gun in cad/cam software...its not even a contest. Yes the big gun can do all sorts of serious work, heck it can do things OneCNC can't but the out of date user interface is punishing, who has time to waste pouring over books trying to figure out something that should be easy in the first place.

I'm going to check out gibbs I guess, my brother purchased that for his company and swears its easy so I'm going to get some hands time at his shop. OneCNC is a great product but bottom line, you have to be able to take a company at their word.

Hi CNCPlastic,

You've seen a comparison between OneCNCXR compared to OneCNC2003. OneCNC2003 had the "nuts and bolts" of the basic system, so to speak. But XR has really gone wild on ease of use, and is very far advanced over the 2003 series in this regard. Although OneCNC2003 did "save my bacon" back when I started using it, I never felt that fluency in using it that I experienced in XP, now grown to XR. Its a great feeling to know that you can easily tackle any 3 axis job that comes along, which I suppose represents the vast majority of all milling work.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Follow up

CNCPlastic,

Its Sunday so I do not have access to the database but would like to know if there has been some point where you have become upset with us.

When you said "OneCNC is a great product but bottom line, you have to be able to take a company at their word." were you referring to an incident when we did not do what we said we would or have some how let you down?

If so, tell me about it and I will do what I can to straighten it out.

Regards,

Michael Reyes
    OneCNC, LLC
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yes that is the case, I will send you an email regarding the details.

OneCNC did you receive my email on this? You can contact me via [email protected]

Thanks again Michael for getting this sorted out, I just placed the order for XR Pro.

Glad to have been able to help

CNCPlastic,

You're welcome and thanks for bringing your concerns to my attention and making it easy to resolve it.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Michael Reyes
    OneCNC -USA