585,987 active members*
4,316 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Emco Compact 10 2 Case Lathe

Hey everybody, I just became the proud new owner of a Emco compact 10 lathe. I already started tearing it down tonight but because of school didnt have time to finish. I got some pictures though and will post those tomorrow or friday.

Because I have the new lathe, I am selling my old Lathemaster 8x14. It has all the stock accessories plus a quick change post, a dc variable speed motor conversion, and a really really nice bison 5 inch 3 jaw chuck with the adaptor plate. Let me know if anyone is interested.

One other thing, the emco came with the milling machine head as well, I dont need it, so if anyone is interested let me know on that one.

Well a few pics on the updated cleaning process. I also found out, and wasnt a big surprise, that the electrical are all 3 phase. So I am going to have to switch the lathe motor over to a single phase system. Also the milling head if i keep it.

Well after a reformat and reinstall I am finally back to post some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 008.jpg   009.jpg   012.jpg   013.jpg  

014.jpg  

Those give a general idea of the condition of the machine. Some parts, such as the wipers and slides had oil and grit that was as hard as a rock. I also found a few parts that I have no use for.

This includes a 6 inch Buck 4 jaw chuck in very good condition. Plain back of course. I also have the 5.5 inch Emco 3 jaw chuck, but no jaws. This one is a D1-4 mount. Also, the lathe main motor is 3 phase, and that was removed along with the wiring and switch. So if someone needs a replacement motor or some chucks let me know. Thx

The following pictures show everything all cleaned up and awaiting a new motor and some miscellaneous parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 012.jpg   014.jpg   015.jpg   016.jpg  

001.jpg