584,842 active members*
4,053 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Tell me how you like your milltronic

Tell me how you like your milltronic

Hey to all, well I have gone from tormach, to haas, to milltronics gathering up as much info as possible. How does everyone like their milltronic mills. I will say this about the Milltronics staff, and so far all the guys I have spoke with have been very easy to speak with. Not none of this your lucky if you get one of my mills, LOL. So I am very interested in the milltronic package so give me some input. Any major cons. Thanks a newbie ready to buy.

I don't have a mill but if their lathes are any indication I love this one I picked up. Couldn't be happier. Do you want specifics? Ok, complete override control of feed and speed. Powerful conversational control. Makes programming pretty easy - and this on a mid 90's vintage machine! Haven't tried their tech support yet but from what others have said they are top notch. I was always impressed with Haas and Hurco but at this point, I have to say I will always put Milltronics at the top of my list when I am considering machine purchases in the future.
    Joe

Thanks Joe

I have two mills, one 12 years old and the other is 8 years old and both are still going strong with only 2 or 3 minor repairs over the years costing less than $1000 total. From what I‘ve seen from the newer ones, they look better built, quieter, and faster. Each of my machines have some really stupid mechanical features that have caused some irritations that I’ve noticed have been replaced on newer models. I’m thinking of replacing the older one with a new one to gain some speed. We program away from the machine using Surfcam so I can’t say much about the controllers features other than they have had no problems running our programs.