584,842 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

CR Electronic HD Plasma - Winplasma

We have an 2000 CR Electronic HD Plasma table that works great, however we don't have the "Winplasma" software that originally came with this machine AND CR Electronic is out of business.

Does anybody have or know where I can get a copy of this software?

Thanks
    Jim

How is the unit controlled? Is it a PC running with a special card or just from the parallel port? I doubt they wrote the control software themselves. If it uses a serial port (or possibly a USB) it may be a Flashcut based unit and that software can be purchased easily. I have not heard of WINPlasma software but if it's another brand just repackaged (OEM) you should be able to find it.

If it works great, sounds like all you need is a manual(?)

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com

It is controlled by a "Phoenix II" card made for CR electronics. It also has some sort of "CR Electronic" branded Hypertherm THC.

The problem is that it does NOT take standard ASCII files for input, therefore I simply can't just write a post-processor for our ProEngineer NC Sheetmetal, as I did for both our flashcut and wincnc software.

The files that it accepts end in a .PM1 and like I said, are of binary form, not ASCII. I do not have the manual for the machine, but there are many programs loaded into it from the previous owner as well as a standard parts library with allows you to cut many standard patterns. The original owners don't have the software anymore either!

The closest I could find to what is available is the Hypertherm's software, but they must have made this specifically for CR Electronic. I will give them a call and see if they can help.

Jim

I suggest contacting Cutting Systems Inc. in the Cleveland OH area.....they were involved in selling and servicing the CRE machines when they were active in N. America.

http://www.cuttingsystems.com/ Ask for Kevan or Kris Assadorian.....and they likely can steer you in the right direction.

Jim Colt

[QUOTE=cweimaraner;450698]

Hi, we recently bought an Cr electronic CNC plasmacutter, with the hypertherm HD3070. In about 2 weeks we have the machine installed on our location. The machine contains the original software/manuals, with cds included. So maybe I can help you. I understand that you only need the original CNC programming software?

Kind regards.

Donny

I have obtained a copy of the software, however it is protected by HASP/Dongle. So without the hardware Dongle, I'm SOL.

I have ordered a PlazPac 3 ssytem from candcnc.com to retrofit the whole machine and run it with MACH3.

Thanks
    Jim

CR electronic HD 6-20 rotatet work 34° hau wen reparirt thet.

Hi Donny,
    the software is protected by dongle.
    You need other license, you can ask to me.

Regrads Fabrizio.

Sorry Jim,
    I arrived to late. I had the possibility to help you very fast.

Bye,
    Fabrizio.

hi.

I have original winplasma 3 and 4.

I will install it on windowx xp but it give me error.
    I can't install on windowx xp.

Anybody is capable?

winplasma

Hi +Zero I have the possibility to help you and install on XP.
    Which kind of plasma do you have?

Regards,
    Fabrizio.

Quote Originally Posted by FabrizioIT View Post
    Hi +Zero I have the possibility to help you and install on XP.
    Which kind of plasma do you have?

Regards,
    Fabrizio.

I have a 6000x2000 plasma hd3070 with phoenix 1.25.7 controller bought in year 2000 . I have only a plasma torch on machine.
    I'm italian

Winplasma in XP

Hello +Zero,
    it is possible to install version of Winplasma 5.06 that runs in XP.
    Otherwise, if you want use another nesting software it is possible to install
    a command line converter to read txt file and write binary file for your HD machine. please contact me at [email protected]

I have solved this problem.

Guida sul come installare Winplasma 4.0 (Wincam 4.0) su Windows Xp o Windows Vista.

How to install WinPlasma 3 o 4 on Windows XP or Windows Vista.

Problema.
    Winplasma 4 è stato programmato per windows 98.
    Nei nuovi Pc i driver per windows 98 oramai non esistono più e Winplasma 4 non si installa.
    Nel mio caso comparivano gravi errori nell'esecuzione del programma.

Soluzione.
    Installare Windows98 sotto una macchina virtuale (ad esempio con Vmware workstation che ho trovato eccellente)

Abilitare la porta parallela nei settaggi di Win98 virtuale da Vmware

Installare Winplasma4 dalla macchina virtuale.

Installate i driver (con Vmtools di vmware) della grafica e del mouse e avrete un win98 che funziona perfettamente e velocissimo!

Abilitate pure due core per la macchina virtuale (se avete un processore multicore), MCAD e WINCAM funzioneranno meglio.

ORIGINAL LINK :
    http://www.casara.eu/forum/index.php...18.msg22#msg22

CR electronics plasma

I am using a CR electronics plasma.

I need a copy of winCAM AND/OR a manual.

also does anyone know if it is possible to convert CNC text files from my LANTEC software to binary files for my CR Electronics plasma?

CR made very good machines but they can be hard to service and repair and we have had some adventures with our machine.

i am using a the following machine:

Hypertherm
    Model: HD3070.
    s/n: 3070 02116

CR electronics
    modelo: HD 8-20
    matricola: HD 040 798.

Hello,
    yes it is possible to convert txt file in binary file for CR machines.
    The utility is CrossBin and works very well.

Regards,
    Fabrizio.

Hi all.

Im a total newbie to all of this plasma stuff,and just wanted to say hi to all you knowledgeable and helpfull people.

I have just bought 2 CR plasma cutters from here with extraction unit(what a monster!) http://www.shm-auctions.com/lot_list_search.asp

I am going to employ the guy who operated these machines,as the company he worked for no longer requires them.

So hopefully i wont have to pester you guys too much...

Our company makes after market exhausts,and we are hoping to make all the flanges(8mm & 10mm mild steel) for them with these machines.

Do you guys think this will be easy for these plasma cutters to make exhaust flanges?

Also, anyone know where's the best place in uk to buy consumables from?

Cheers
    Kirk

consumeables

depends on what the plasma unit is,

try www.esprit-automation.co.uk

CR made very good plasmas but getting parts or finding people who can work on them can be a nightmare - please share any expieriences you have with this and ask about any problems you have trouble with

I know CR plasma very well.
    Ask me in forum.

These are these plasmas we bought.....

"1999 CR Electronic model EU3-15HD cnc single head plasma profile cutter, new bed 3000 x 1500mm, CR controller, Hypertherm HD3070 power source, upgraded HT torch 2008, PC with Nesting software. Serial no. EU010499"

"1999 CR Electronic model EU3-15HD cnc single head plasma profile cutter, bed 3000 x 1500mm, CR controller, Hypertherm HD3070 power source, PC with Nesting software. Serial no. EU020499"

I have been advised to upgrade the torch on the second plasma,as apparently the cosumables need changing every hour!

Esprit-automation have actually sent me a price list of consumables etc,so will give them a try.

Thanks
    Kirk

Page 1 of 3 123