584,861 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    ive helped with the testing.. it works perfectly as described now.... with a bit of input from me! :-))) buy it!

I am very interested and need to get started with cam & post.
    Could you contact me via email and quote pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by macwood33 View Post
    I am very interested and need to get started with cam & post.
    Could you contact me via email and quote pricing?
    I don't have your e-mail address, sent you a private message.

More information

a breakdown of what the program can do.

If you have Biesse cnc machines read on.

A solution to a long time problem with the biesse cni controller file format
    This gets rid of the need to use old programs like rtcom which will only run on old pcs.

Until now it has been virtually impossible to read and write floppys from the biesse controllers in normal modern pcs.
    It is written to run under Java. Will run in any PC with windows. Which supports usb and floppy.(you may have to download and install Java on your PC)

The program written runs within a dedicated (but encrypted for copyright) usb stick. So allows you to use in and backup onto any PC you own or use.

It allows you to

Read in a floppy disk into a full editor with both routing and drilling sections seperated. The drilling sections separate into a complete drilling table!
    Also shows full optimised drilling section seperately in editor.
    Read in an image which has been save to PC.
    Write an image of complete floppy to PC. (allows you to back up all data on PC)

Import a cad postprocessed file in any text file format. I.e.. .txt .tap .cnc etc from PC
    The editor opens so you can then see what gcode is going to be written, which can be manually edited and saved if required.

One click button to format a disk in cni format . (for use in controller)

Full commands available.

New allows you to manually write or copy/paste blocks of program text to make a new program in the editor
    Import imports a file from PC into the editor for checking/editing or saving to disk
    Add to floppy adds programs in the editor to the floppy section for writing
    Delete deletes a program in editor

Read read a floppy written in controller in PC floppy drive, opens in editor. All programs neatly listed by program name.
    Write write a floppy with whatever programs you choose from list.
    Read image reads an image (backup) of floppy written and saved to PC previously
    Write image writes a full backup image of all programs from floppy or editor.
    Format quickly format a floppy to cni format for use as a blank disk directly in controller.
    Save program copies programs listed in editor to floppy program list section for writing
    Delete program deletes a single program from floppy list before writing
    Clear clears totally the floppy program write list. For convenience- clear all and start again!

All programs can be saved directly to the usb stick too, allowing you to write a backup image on any PC your using, so makes it really quick to share files with other users. (or as I do, I cad and postprocess files at home and take the usb stick to work to use, simply writing the floppy on my office PC)
    The written image files can be emailed to another user anywhere in the world who can then copy to disk and run on their machine if they have the same program to write the floppy

the only thing which wasnt implemented when ive tested it was editing subroutines. which may have been done now.

if your in the UK im happy to demonstrate it to you at my workshop.
    if you wish to purchase the fully working program, i can arrange that also :-)

Smile Rover 336 and RTCOM

Gooday to you!!

Am I happy to find a site like this.
    Im in South Africa, so I feel a bit lonely!

I work as a religious volunteer, and the machine we working with is a Rover 336.
    We have a huge problem. All the programs only run in Windows 95. I cannot write the programs onto NC Disk without this program.

The IT Dept has come to a point where they can no longer support this PC, and backup the Hardrive onto their network. So im in serious predicament.

We recieved a donation, and the program is called Microvellum. This program can generate the g-Code, but I can still only transfer the files to floppy using the dongle based NC Format program. We cannot even use a USB pen to transfer this from computer to computer.

Please could you send me a price, to purchase this program from you that can solve the issue. I read you replies below.

Greetings
    Wouter Bester

Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    If you have Biesse cnc machines read on.

A solution to a long time problem with the biesse cni controller file format
    This gets rid of the need to use old programs like rtcom which will only run on old pcs.

Until now it has been virtually impossible to read and write floppys from the biesse controllers in normal modern pcs.
    It is written to run under Java. Will run in any PC with windows. Which supports usb and floppy.(you may have to download and install Java on your PC)

The program written runs within a dedicated (but encrypted for copyright) usb stick. So allows you to use in and backup onto any PC you own or use.

It allows you to

Read in a floppy disk into a full editor with both routing and drilling sections seperated. The drilling sections separate into a complete drilling table!
    Also shows full optimised drilling section seperately in editor.
    Read in an image which has been save to PC.
    Write an image of complete floppy to PC. (allows you to back up all data on PC)

Import a cad postprocessed file in any text file format. I.e.. .txt .tap .cnc etc from PC
    The editor opens so you can then see what gcode is going to be written, which can be manually edited and saved if required.

One click button to format a disk in cni format . (for use in controller)

Full commands available.

New allows you to manually write or copy/paste blocks of program text to make a new program in the editor
    Import imports a file from PC into the editor for checking/editing or saving to disk
    Add to floppy adds programs in the editor to the floppy section for writing
    Delete deletes a program in editor

Read read a floppy written in controller in PC floppy drive, opens in editor. All programs neatly listed by program name.
    Write write a floppy with whatever programs you choose from list.
    Read image reads an image (backup) of floppy written and saved to PC previously
    Write image writes a full backup image of all programs from floppy or editor.
    Format quickly format a floppy to cni format for use as a blank disk directly in controller.
    Save program copies programs listed in editor to floppy program list section for writing
    Delete program deletes a single program from floppy list before writing
    Clear clears totally the floppy program write list. For convenience- clear all and start again!

All programs can be saved directly to the usb stick too, allowing you to write a backup image on any PC your using, so makes it really quick to share files with other users. (or as I do, I cad and postprocess files at home and take the usb stick to work to use, simply writing the floppy on my office PC)
    The written image files can be emailed to another user anywhere in the world who can then copy to disk and run on their machine if they have the same program to write the floppy

the only thing which wasnt implemented when ive tested it was editing subroutines. which may have been done now.

if your in the UK im happy to demonstrate it to you at my workshop.
    if you wish to purchase the fully working program, i can arrange that also :-)

Re: CNI floppy format

Hi there I know this is a very old thread. But do you still have the CNI Floppy programme available?
    Many thanks

Geoff

Re: a breakdown of what the program can do.

Hi Battwell,
    Do you still have access to this utility?

Hi OldNapalm, I would like a copy of your software.
    I have a Rover 325R with a CNI 480 481CNC
    Rgds

Geoff

Hi OldNapalm, please can I get a copy of your programme? CNI Floppy Format.
    my email is [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 12