585,981 active members*
4,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > CNC4PC C11 Board, TurboCAD/CAM, and Limit/Home Switches

CNC4PC C11 Board, TurboCAD/CAM, and Limit/Home Switches

I've been reading the posts on limit switches and it's helping but I'm still not sure how the limit switches and home switches interact with the software.

I suspect that the limit switches just need to disable the outputs on the C11 BOB which should be simple and shouldn't need to do anything else. Is this a safe statement?

However, the home switch I would think needs to provide the TruboCAD/CAM software with some feedback until all axis have been homed. How is this wired on the C11 BOB and does TurboCAD/CAM need to be configured in some way to recognize this state?

Best Regards.

Carl

Thought I would follow up with what I've found for others that may head down this path. Not that this information isn't available in other threads but it does take some time to digest and assemble them.

The CNC4PC G11 board uses pins 10 through 15 for inputs of which you can wire limit switches, home switches, e-stops and other things. The disconnect for me was my assumption that the TurboCAD CAM software was going to drive the BOB/Gecko's.

Once I realized that I needed Controller software, it became clear. I purchased March3 which permits all of the pins to be configured for the specific machine and properly enables and disables the outputs once you have configuration the software for the specific input device (i.e., limit, home, e-switch). This way the Controller Software can halt program execution if a limit switch or e-switch is encountered.

One small step for me in a very large puzzle.

Best Regards.

Carl

Good job Carl!

CNC: The more you learn, the more you realize how much you DON'T know.

Hang in there and keep on truckin.

CR.