585,997 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Pallet Changer for a Fadal

Pallet Changer for a Fadal

looking for some input on them from guys who ran/run them.

Fadal made a pallet changer is this an option that could be add'd on?
    is there any pallet changers that would work on a 40x20 machine? they dont need to me automatic. I would prefer manual.
    I use the whole table, sometimes I run plates sometimes I run all vise's and sometimes a 4th axis.
    They used to be real popular back in the mid to late 90s, don't see them much anymore.

Delw

The Fadal made pallet changer is not an add on type. However, Mideco make pallet changers that have been added on to the Fadal machines.

Neal

we have that type on one of our 30 x 16.
    ours says SMW on the front, it is basically 2 tables you slide in and out of the reciever mounted on the table.
    the table size is limited to the door opening, ours is within 1/2 inch of the opening.(loss of actual table size might be 1" per side but actual travel is still intact, did lose about 4-5 inches of z travel with the reciever and table stack up on original table)

we have been using it for over 10 years with few problems, mostly just wear and tear on lines.

works out well for dedicated jobs with several ops (4 ops, 2 on each pallet)

you may want to set up quick change sub plates for your application it didn't sound as dedicated as mine.

We used a midaco add on for a while on our 40-20 it worked well and installed easy enough, but it did not pan out for us. We have a lot of different set-ups. So we removed it. It is presently just sitting in our wharehouse. Probably never to be used again.

Thanks for the replies,

Tim
    I forgot all about the add'd 4-5" then I would have another 4-5 for vise's correct? glad you brought that up.

Neal
    I was curious about that as I saw them offered on ebay cheap and was wondering how hard it would be to attache the org one.

Wally
    they wanna sell it ? ebay scares me and I don't know what I am getting.

Delw--
    The Fadal pallet changer is not retrofitable (new word?). When the machine is built it becomes either a standard machine or pallet machine because of the sheet metal and hardware required.
    The Mideco pallet changer can be added later with some minor machine modifications.

Neal