585,727 active members*
4,155 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Dolphin Video Tutorials

Dolphin Video Tutorials

As many of you know, we have some tutorial videos already created and viewable for all. We also provide different services that allows you to have a custom video done specifically for your wants / needs.

What I am asking from different users on this forum is this...

What are some good overall general videos that would be helpful?

Once I get a little spare time, I would like to focus a little more on this area and create some more videos for everyone to see. I think it is a great help and very good learning tool.

Any ideas for different learning tutorials?

Thanks in advance!
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

if you can get more detailed on some of the various cutting features and functions.
    it would be helpfull for the guy who's learning the software to have a complete start to finish walk thru on a more complicated part , eg something with various contours , pockets at different depths , stepdowns and using ramping or helical technics

a couple videos which make the cam features shine would be of a great benefit and would minumize the amount of videos you would have to make

what would be a personal benefit to me would be to have a couple totorials on the 2.5d stuff similar to the bottle which is shown in the ad on the website for the level3 software
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

There have been several questions here lately about making toopaths for parts that include angled planes and multi-sided angled planes which require creating Z-profiles for the special features. I think the types of things we don't use on a regular basis, like Z-profiles are the features the majority of us users need help with the first time we try to use them.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

What you are asking for is true 3D (if you want more than angles). In the pocketing CAM there is a setting for the Z. I haven't used it, but you can set slope with this part of the infornmation. I'll have to go look and see....

I think the feature I mentioned is broken. It goes so far then gets stuck in a loop. It looks like a great way to make draft angles for molds, but if it locks in a loop... I've tried a circle (tink partial cone profile) and a pentagonal shape so far. Neither got past the loop lock up stage. It does an innitial go around, then it thinks for a bit, goes to the first segment's start, performs a nice angled Z desent, then just ocilates up and down in that spot. I'll try a straight line for my last attempt, but this could be a software problem.