584,846 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

TurboCAD Deluxe Version 10.1

Anyone use this program? I'm thinking about buying it, as it's under $150, and seems to have a lot of features.

I can't find a trial version anywhere though.

Try this:

http://www.imsisoft.com/faminfo.asp?fam=1

I use TurboCADCAM which is TurboCAD V 9 Pro. I like it.

Marv

Yeah, but that's $700-900.

I'm trying to find something more reasonable.

Get Pro version if you can, even if it is version 8 or 9. The one you mention is good, but you may be better off just picking up a slightly older version on ebay. You can always upgrade later on if you like it. From previous experience of the standard version, it has most of the tools of Pro, but is lacking the rendering and materials of the Pro version. Still a good deal though. Here is a project I made in Ver 9 Pro
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Well actually they ran a special and I got it for less. I bought V8 at Walmart for $79.00 and upgraded to TurboCadCam V2.0 for under $400. Just got an offer to upgrade to TurboCadCam V2.5 for $99.95. I liked V8 but it wasn't Pro, lot of limitations on what you can do with it.

Marv

You can get V8 for twenty bucks at www.dirtcheapsoftware.com

Don't know if there's an upgrade path available that would save you money.
    Software For Metalworking
    http://closetolerancesoftware.com

If it works like mine did, all you have to do is buy the cheap one, register it, and the upgrade offer will come. I also got V10.0 for $99.00.

Marv

Upgrade for $99. That's pretty good. They sent me an e-mail offering it for $199. I downloaded the demo- seems like an o.k. product. Seemed easy to operate. Pretty straight forward. Wouldn't mind getting it myself for $99.

Thanks everyone. Wow, $20?
    So, they offer the upgrade if you register the product?

I see TurboCAD 10 Professional on ebay for $190. I just bought it.

That's a good price for V10. I don't think just registering qualifies for upgrades. I think that is just the way they promote their new products. If you register then you are in their database of users and they offer them at a reduced sale price compared to the normal sale price just because you do already use their products. I didn't need V10 because it wouldn't work with the CAM. Bought it as a gift for a friend, but V10.1 is in the TurboCadCam 2.5 package and I am wondering if I should upgrade from TurboCadCam 2.0. Since you bought V10, I bet you start getting the same offers to upgrade.

Marv

I read a thread in here about TurboCAD/CAM for $400. If I could still get that, wouldn't me just buying TC 10 Pro be a waste?

Well yes it would if you are looking for a CadCam both program.

I've been trying to decide which CAD and CAM program to use.
    I bought TC 10 Pro for the CAD part, and have been trying to figure out which CAM program to get.

TC/C would've provided everything I needed, correct?

Yes it would except for the machine control software. You can still use V10.0 with ACE Converter and others to get your G-Code from the DXF drawings. ACE is free at www.dakeng.com .

Oops, sorry, a better link to ACE Converter is www.yeagerautomation.com .

Forgot, you didn't say what machine control software you will be using. Turbocnc, Mach2, etc? Whether you use ACE or TurboCadCam or most others, there will be a certain amount of editing of the G-Code required or a certain amount of setup within the Cam program to match what your machine software will accept. I believe these are called the Post Processor. If using Turbocnc with TurboCadCam, the code comes out pretty good. I usually edit out some of the moves and change the Z retract height to cut down on program run time.

I was planning on using Mach2.

Yes it would except for the machine control software. You can still use V10.0 with ACE Converter and others to get your G-Code from the DXF drawings.
    ACEconverter creates Gcode? What about toolpaths? Is it good at figuring those up? Shouldn't I have a CAM program for that?

I'm not sure if I'll buy TC/C now that I all ready paid for TC10 Pro.

Thanks.

I just ordered version 8 here: http://www.dirtcheapsoftware.com/tuve8.html
    I've used 2D turbocad for years, starting with version 1 paid $80 for it new. For the last several years have used the free learning edition.
    First question, will any of my LE knowledge trasfer to V8 or will it be completely foreign?
    Second question, I would like to be ablse to draw a tapered RC airplane wing. With V8 will I be able to do that in 3D and do cross sections for ribs?

Thanks,
    Phil

I just ordered 8 from there too. But I requested it to be cancelled after my TC 10 Professional purchase on eBay.

As far as I know, 8 should be able to do what you asked.

Page 1 of 2 12