585,665 active members*
3,028 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Best method for Dry Run

Best method for Dry Run

What is the easiest way to shift all the tools up to do a dry run above the part?

I am using Format 2. I currently leave the home position at the CS position and use E1s for fixture offsets. I am using Format 2.

I just do a "mass modify" in my tool length offsets like with a +3" or whatever will clear everything and run the program.

Exactly
    DT at enter command.
    Mass modify all tools +1 (or whatever)
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

I like the dry run mode. AU,,,(1,2 or3). use with empty spindle. This mode skips the tool changes but uses their offsets. It also rapids slower but feeds faster, depending on what you use for the third number (1,2 or 3). Refer to the manual under the AU command for more info.

Can't you set the Z-axis offset for E1 (or whatever) up the desired amount?

sure, but you might as well just mass modify the offsets if you're going to do that. With the AU command I described you can proveout the program much faster. A feedrate of 1 i.pm. will run at 75 i.p.m. time=$$$.

Thank you for the replies!
    I am a Fadal noob, so just trying to get an idea on how the rest of the Fadal people do things. On my other machines I enter a number in the G54 or G60 fixture offset and I can just look at it to see what I entered. My concern with the mass modify, is that you need to remember or write down what you changed. It just makes me a little nervous not being able to see how much is offset in the control. With my short memory and interruptions and all. I think I can use the E1 Z offset for this. At least I can see what number is in it.
    Thanks again.

Question Does Fadal Have G52?

In Mach3 you can offset one or more axis using G52
    I use G52 X100 to move the pattern out off the way.
    Does Fadal have a DWELL setting like Mach3. JUst set dwell 2mm and skim around the job just missing everything. Hole drilling with 0.5mm drill is scary rapiding down to the job.

I tried the AU,,,1 command and mine still does toolchanges with this. How do you get it to dry run this way and ignore toolchanges?

I was wrong about the tool changes. they do occur. i suppose you could throw a block skip in front of the M6's. my bad.

To dry run without changing tools or moving the Z axis go to back ground editing and select option #13 from the dry run option selections.

Neal

Thanks for my redemption...I thought I had done it in the past. Then I thought I was going mad!!! That page has all kinds of sweet dry run options. Have a good weekend. Go Red Wings. Go Pistons. Go party.