586,009 active members*
4,728 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Tools / Tooling Technology > CNC Tooling > Nikken Tension Compression Tap Holder

Nikken Tension Compression Tap Holder

Good afternoon all. I have a bit of a problem that I have been searching the net for a solution to and have been unable to find any answers.

I purchased an older (1982) Matsuura MV-500 some time back and I got a ton of BT35 taper tooling with it. Unfortunately the tooling had been left in a bin to sit for quite a while. Lucky for me that it was left in such a dirty, greasy state that only very minor surface corrosion was present. A good thorough cleaning brought most of it back to good condition.

However there were 2 Nikken (I think) floating/tension compression tap holders included, part numbers follow:

BT35-Z24S-110
    BT35-Z12-90

Both were really gummed up and appeared to have a slight bit of rust visible in the oily residue that was present when the were pulled on and compressed. I began to disassemble the 2 units to give them a proper and thorough cleaning and subsequent re-lubrication. The smaller of the 2 units, the Z12 style, was pretty straight forward and came apart quite intuitively/logically. There were a couple tricks but I got them figured out quite quickly. But the Z24 was a different matter.

Does anyone know the correct way to disassemble a Nikken Z24 TC tap holder? I have it part way apart but can not get any further. I can not figure out how to get the spring loaded center section out, the part that actually receives the Z24 "collet". Can anyone help? I can post photos if that would be of any aid.

I can not find anything on the web other than eBay adds selling similar units. I contacted Nikken and all they could do was send me a user/operations manual in PDF format. They want me to send it to them for cleaning and/or repair. This is an old unit I got used and it isn't worth the money to do that. I am sure that I can handle getting it apart, cleaned, and re-assembled if someone could tell me how. Even just pointing me toward the info on the net would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance for any help or info.

Best Wishes,
    Rob Blethen
    RPGB Machine

Good morning all. Haven't had any luck finding an answer on this yet so a question popped into my mind.

Does anyone have a suggestion of another forum/topic on the Zone that might be more appropriate? Or where I may have better luck?

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

Best Wishes,
    Rob Blethen