585,737 active members*
5,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Disable Height Regulation on a Trumpf Laser?

Hey Now!
    For those familiar with Trumpf Laser Machines, their is a feature known as the DIAS (Digital Altitude Sensing / Capacative Height Regulation). Those who have used the machine know it's an excellent feature, preventing crashes, and following material no matter how bowed or uneven the material may be......

ANYWAY.......

Can someone please tell me how to disable the DIAS on a Trumpf L3030 4kw Laser? I am dealing with a material that the Capacative height regulation sensor cannot see, and my laser cutting head keeps crashing into my material.

Post Laser Method

Take a look at your “TC_LASER_ON” line. The first number in ( ) is the Laser Method that gives you control over the height regulation ON or OFF. I think you will need to use a “6” if you want it off.

Independent CNC Programmer
    www.ctcn.net/~3kings/

This is great as i have a lot of problems with light gauge stuff stopping the machine when it bounces.

What type of material are you using that the sensor cant see?

Smile

Currently I do not have to deal with any material that the sensor can’t see. I only know how to change the settings or make a new tech table that will output the correct methods. Maybe some other Trumpf users will share their information.

www.ctcn.net/~3kings/

My mission is to share CNC programming innovations for a lifetime.

Follow-up

Trumpf's DIAS cannot locate Cardboard or Paper. Someone within my company came up with the smashing idea of cutting 1" thk honeycomb cardboard. Let me know your thoughts.

I have cut cardboard once, however it was not that thick. To get the best results I would make sure the table surface is parallel with the head then make sure your material is flat.

www.ctcn.net/~3kings/

Trumpf dont recomend cutting other materials but i have been interested in giving it a go as im often asked if i can

I can keep the material flat, but i still have the problem of height regulation. The cutting head does not see the cardboard, and tries to go right through it.

Can you send me your code?

www.ctcn.net/~3kings/

Quote Originally Posted by CLT-Tech View Post
    I can keep the material flat, but i still have the problem of height regulation. The cutting head does not see the cardboard, and tries to go right through it.
    I realize this post is a little old, but the solution is in the sheet tech. You have to set the proper sheet thickness when you disable the Dias.

Re: Disable Height Regulation on a Trumpf Laser?

Came across this post and is what I was looking for. I made a sheet cutting program for our 600L punch laser to cut our 96x48in sheets in half so we dont have to use the shear to do it. The TC_laser_on (4) seemed to work great at this as it disabled the sheet height sensor and ran a straight cut across the skeleton of the sheet. I have modified this program as well to work on our Trumpf 3000 punch laser, but I am having an issue with disabling the sheet height monitor to mimic the way it does on our 600L. I change the TC_LASER_ON to (4) like the 600 but this makes the laser head try to go right through the sheet. I have also tried settings 1-6 with only 1,3, and 5 working not giving me errors or trying to go through the sheet but the sheet height monitor is not disabled with these parameters. We bought the 3000 back in 2011 new. Is there something in the database preventing this from being disabled? And yes The thickness of the sheet has been programmed correctly. any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

For anyone looking for this information now the proper way to do this is to change your tech table line from this 1,11217,10,100 to 6,11217,10,100 The first number tells the laser the cut type. 1 is pierce and cut. 5 is no pierce and cut with sensor 6 is no pierce and cut without sensor 7 is prepeirce no cut and i think 11 is preirce and cut with sprintlas

I'm trying to cut acrylic. Not one of the settings to is disabling the Height recognition. I have tried 2,6,7,8,11,and 12. Have tried multiple combinations and nothing is working. I will go to the material purge and the. Lower the head. No matter what setting I'm using it still is trying to sense the material. Anyone have any ideas? I tried changing the sheet tech but I'm not sure what I'm suppose to change it to? Any help would be great

What model of trumpf are you running? What dose your "TC_LASER_ON(1,"ST006OC17",10,100)" line read?

Greg