584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ArtCam Pro > ArtCam Insignia Version 3.0

ArtCam Insignia Version 3.0

Hi,

Last week I was trying to help out a friend of mine that own's a sign shop.

We had a sign to make that had .250 raised letters that were cut into a boxed area.

I used a .500 bit to do a clearance cut and also listed other tools like a .250 and .125 and a .0625 to triming the excess around the letters that the larger bit did not cut.

The first tool .500 seemed to cut fine. The second tool .250 cut over the line (Profile) in certain spots like it plunged down centering the line instead of cutting on the outside. i.e. like a O that was perfect except for a little notch that the tool made when it plunged into the letter. After that it cut as normal. On the vertical cut on the T's it also undercut certain areas. On the U's it cut the right upright too thin. Other letters seemed to cut fine. I looked at the tools paths and they are plotted to cut on the correct side of the line.

I sent the file to ARTCAM and they looked at it along with the imported DXF file and it looked fine to them. They even gave me a new Spooler for my friends Gerber 200 Router. I will probably take a picture of the incorrectly cut sign and send it to them.

It almost seems to be some type of a software issue with ARTCAM Version 3.0 for the Insignia product. I may need to reload it as it may have been corrupted.

Has anyone else here had any issues with that version. I realize they have newer versions that may have more features but this version is adequate for his present needs.

Any ideas??? All suggestions and help would be appreciated.

John

John

There are several ways to go about figuring this out and trying to get this issued resolved.
    Running the gerbers can sometimes be tricky and occasional take several tests in order to zero in on what works best for a particular machine.

There are several spoolers (version wise) that can be tried and used, it will not always be the case that the most recent one is the best for a particular Gerber machine.

What I would do would be to acquire as many versions of the spooler as available (via reseller who then in turn coordinate with us here at Delcam) and then run this same file using the different versions of the spooler. Ideally one of them would allow the sign to be successfully at that Gerber (and configuration) of machine.

Tweaking the Gerbers can sometimes be a tough thing since their are several different model, firmwares, configurations, factors (data cable running with power cable, loss of data, router PC interuptions) etc...

I dont know and havent heard that Insignia V3 has any specific problems on the Gerbers so I believe it will be a matter of running some tests and trying to zero in on what exactly is causing this job to turn out incomplete.

The ArtCAM Forum would also be a good spot to check and search for Gerber related posts and this may provide you with some additional details and information to assist with your trouble shooting.

I hope this info helps and proves to be useful.

Cheers
    Sean

post the picture...we will check it and give you an advice, if it is the machine issue or software issue