585,973 active members*
4,020 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain, Bridgeport TNC150 problems!

Hello All,
    Can any one please help with this error message:

"Z-measuring system defective."

This problem first occured as a X defect with same error message, checked cabling and connections, fuses on boards.
    After several checks and reboots all was well just for the same to happen again at some point when back was turned.
    X appears to be ok now when all is up and running but the problem has transfered to the Z axis.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks Mossy.

(Bridgeport Interact 1 MK2. Heidenhain TNC150)

P.S. Machine had a new TNC unit fitted in 1999.

Sounds like you have a bad motor. Did you switch motors from X to Z?
    I Had the same error and it was the motor.

mossy,
    I had the same error that would appear on my Maho with a TNC155. After a lot of stress I read through the parameter list and found the error window on the B axis,a rotary table that had the issue to be .001 degree and the resolution of the encoder to only be the same. I changed the value to .003 and the problem disappeared. I dont know if this is the proper range for the error value or not but it made my machine work.
    Regards Craig

Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    Hello All,
    Can any one please help with this error message:

"Z-measuring system defective."

This problem first occured as a X defect with same error message, checked cabling and connections, fuses on boards.
    After several checks and reboots all was well just for the same to happen again at some point when back was turned.
    X appears to be ok now when all is up and running but the problem has transfered to the Z axis.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks Mossy.

(Bridgeport Interact 1 MK2. Heidenhain TNC150)

P.S. Machine had a new TNC unit fitted in 1999.
    "Z-measuring system defective" error on the tnc controls means just that, the control lost comunication with the encoder (or scale). however, i have had this error come up due to the cnc power supply failing on the five volt side. sense you mentioned a previose error on the X axis also, i would recomend checking the 5 volt cnc supply for AC ripple or voltage loss.
    Heidenhain did have problems with the 150 series supplies, if i remember right, it was capacitor failiers, butt i would have to look up my old service bullitens to be sure.
    anyway, hope this helps

Wink TNC150

Quote Originally Posted by roseng View Post
    "Z-measuring system defective" error on the tnc controls means just that, the control lost comunication with the encoder (or scale). however, i have had this error come up due to the cnc power supply failing on the five volt side. sense you mentioned a previose error on the X axis also, i would recomend checking the 5 volt cnc supply for AC ripple or voltage loss.
    Heidenhain did have problems with the 150 series supplies, if i remember right, it was capacitor failiers, butt i would have to look up my old service bullitens to be sure.
    anyway, hope this helps
    Te recomiendo controlar los 5Vcc que alimentan a los encoders, tuve un problema similar y era la fuente, reemplaze la misma por una que construi exclusivamente para los 5Vcc y se fue el problema..

Ojala puedas solucionarlo..
    Saludos