585,991 active members*
5,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Denford MicroMill

Hi, I just purchased a Denford MicroMill at a school surplus auction. The unit looks practically new. I did not get any software for it at the auction, but did email Denford and they told me that this particular machine ran on DOS. I would like to convert this machine to a Windows based software so I can have more control of the designs that I create. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as upgrading this machine? I would imagine I would need a new controller card ( Currently it has a SmartStep3 board.) Does anyone have an electronic version of a manual for this unit? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Re: Denford MicroMill

I got one of these working with mach3 / Linux CNC:

micromill | Jay's Technical Talk

Quote Originally Posted by dblosser View Post
    Hi, I just purchased a Denford MicroMill at a school surplus auction. The unit looks practically new. I did not get any software for it at the auction, but did email Denford and they told me that this particular machine ran on DOS. I would like to convert this machine to a Windows based software so I can have more control of the designs that I create. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as upgrading this machine? I would imagine I would need a new controller card ( Currently it has a SmartStep3 board.) Does anyone have an electronic version of a manual for this unit? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave