585,992 active members*
5,661 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > fanuc 0m servo not ready 401 alarm

Unhappy fanuc 0m servo not ready 401 alarm

i have a a2ob-1000-0560 servo drive ..im getting a hcal and tgls light on the drive . i replaced a bad contactor in the main supply to the servo drives easy find i get about 5-10 min till it alarms out .. voltage on ch15-ch16-ch17
    on all 3 drives is 2 volts low but on alarms out on Y-axis ...we picked this dinosaur up at an auction for a extra piece of equipment to handle the overflows ive checked all the connections they seem to be tight ...

Hi Keith,

My guess is that you have a loose power connection to the servo or contamination in the servo caused by cutting oil or slideway oil TGLS means you are loosing connection to the armature it can also mean the velocity feedback signal is lost .ie if you have a tacho then there could be oil on it causing a bad connection between it and the tach brushes.

The HCAL alarm baiscally means an overload/exessive current to the transistor module caused by a short circuit in the servo motor somewhere.
    Again this could be contamination inside the servo caused by condensation maybe.. or it could be a loose wire somewhere..

Hope this helps i would be interested to know what you find!!

John.

Try swapping the axis top board with the X axis drive. Make sure you set the jumpers.
    See if the fault stays with the board

forgot about this post put problem was solved by swapping drive boards and problem followed so we purchased board on ebay problem solved