585,996 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

tape mode help!!!

hi everyone, I have got a situation I need help with. I have a daewoo 3016 mill witha fanuc Oi-Mc control and I have been working on getting my dnc software and tape mode working together forever but have yet to succesfully do so. I have my parameters changed correctly I beleive, I do not have the list here with me now but can post it later... I have changed my I/O channel to 1 to receive from the computer, and I can store programs to memory from the computer and pmcia card, but have yet to use tape mode succesfully. I have a few projects with some very intricate surfacing operations and I am going to need the DNC up and running soon. any help would be appreciated, I am pretty sure I am just not pressing the right buttons on the control to receive the program properly.

thanks

You can DNC from the PCMCIA card.
    Set your I/O channel to 4 for Card.
    Single Block on (for safety)
    TAPE Mode - RMT should be displayed.
    Press PROG until > (soft key) is displayed.
    Press > (soft key) until [DNC-CD] is displayed.
    Press [DNC-CD]
    Press (OPRT)
    Key in 1 (or whatever File Num you want to run)
    Press [DNC-ST]
    Press PROG
    Press CYCLE START

wow thank you very much. I knew it was something wrong with how I was interfacing with the control. I am just sad my "full service center" couldnt help me sooner. thanks again

oh one more question, I have heard that It is possible that a 1.0 GB compactflash card will not work well with drip feeding/tape mode, is this true? and if so can I use a bigger (2.0 GB) card or only smaller ones?

I was told by Fanuc that 2.0 gig was the cutoff. They were starting to run into problems with the 4 gig cards. The cards are formatted in fat16, so truth be known you can only fit 512 programs on one card. The Fanuc controls that come with the Doosan machines only have 1/2 Mb of memory, so in the case of the cards, bigger is not better. My hope is that we eventually will move to a USB format, as the compact flash cards are getting more difficult to find.

You can find them at pricewatch.com, last I looked.