584,826 active members*
5,305 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy hypertherm consumables

Does anyone know of a suppier that sells theHypertherm Fine Cut consumables bulk rather than the five pack! Looking for part # 220329 nozzel, and 120926 electode.. I am paying way to much I think... My local supplier is charging 8.09 for a nozzel , and 10.29 for a electode. Thank Dennis

Dennis,

I thought the US/Canadian exchange was pretty close par.....the 220329 lists for 6.25,

and the 120926 lists for 8.30 in the U.S. There is shipping and maybe tax....but that sounds a bit high.

Jim

Would like to find some bulk at a better price ,if possible!

hey new to the site but the best prices for hypertherm consumables that i have found is at harrisweldingsupplies.com. when i was paying almost $16 for 100 amp nozzle and electrode locally, the advertised price was just over $10 for the pair and that really added up

maybe that's helpful
    baker

Baker, how is there shipping , do you get your items in a timely fashion!

it took about 3-4 days which is nothing if you have a big enought order and think about all that money ur saving but i don't know how that would affect you since they would ship it to canada

if you find any cheaper please let me know

thanks
    baker

I always use http://www.hypermax.org/index.html They have the best prices that I've found. The shipping is prompt.

I'll second hypermax. Good prices and fast shipping.

www.thermacut.com

Talk to salesman about bulk purchases. They have good pricing and after hundreds of tips and comparsions their claims that their tips last longer are true.

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Thanks Tom, I will give them a call in the Morning!

Thermacut is an aftermarket consumable company that copies designs from the major plasma system manufacturers. They sometimes are less expensive (very low development and engineering costs...by copying others designs!)...yet they farm most of their manufacturing offshore.... Try them, of course....but give them a fair test side by side with the genuine parts from Hypertherm. You will find a better combination of cut quality, cut speed and life with the Hypertherm parts...which makes them ultimately less expensive. Hypertherm parts are designed, engineered, tested and manufactured in our facilities in New Hampshire.

One warning: don't mix non genuine and genuine parts together! The stack up tolerances (from different manufacturers) are not properly controlled...and can cause internal heating and damage to torch components.

Jim

TESTED:

Tips for Hypertherm 1000 G3 cutting 10ga mild steel at recommended feedrates tested through 100+ tips and 35 electrodes. Prior to that OEM tips (Hypertherm) in larger qty's.

40A and 60A tips used.

Used Thermacut swirl ring with their tips (required).

Thermacut over the test time and qty showed equal cut quality, better life (by about 15%) and lower cost. Pierce counts per tip and electrode were somewhat better. Buying from them direct in bulk cuts per unit costs even lower.

While the testing was not "lab", and is subjective, it's also about performance in the shop on the same machine over time.

Other production shops have reported similar results.

I like a lot of things about the Hypertherm 1000 series (best thing is how easy it is to hook up a CNC controller) but that doesn't mean there are not viable alternatives for consumables.

Since I own a company that cuts production plasma and get to write the checks for expenses, the cost of consumables is in black and white. Daily expenses for those items dropped after switching to the Thermacut, while production remained the same.

I don't work for or get paid by either company.

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com

Tom....do you have the test criteria...cause we'd sure like to see it! What was the average cut duration, number of pierces, cut speed. Is the life tested until catastrophic failure...or until cut quality drops outside of a preset level? Were they tested to ISO9013 cut quality standards? How was the cut quality measured?

Your invited to come visit Hypertherm in New Hampshire where we have 11 cnc machines that are used for consumable development, as well as benchmark testing of ours and others consumables. We use the same machines to test all brands, we test cut quality after every 90 starts on a CMM machine.

Every machine shop can make statements that their product is better. Copying parts may make them less expensive....but not better!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    TESTED:

Tips for Hypertherm 1000 G3 cutting 10ga mild steel at recommended feedrates tested through 100+ tips and 35 electrodes. Prior to that OEM tips (Hypertherm) in larger qty's.

40A and 60A tips used.

Used Thermacut swirl ring with their tips (required).

Thermacut over the test time and qty showed equal cut quality, better life (by about 15%) and lower cost. Pierce counts per tip and electrode were somewhat better. Buying from them direct in bulk cuts per unit costs even lower.

While the testing was not "lab", and is subjective, it's also about performance in the shop on the same machine over time.

Other production shops have reported similar results.

I like a lot of things about the Hypertherm 1000 series (best thing is how easy it is to hook up a CNC controller) but that doesn't mean there are not viable alternatives for consumables.

Since I own a company that cuts production plasma and get to write the checks for expenses, the cost of consumables is in black and white. Daily expenses for those items dropped after switching to the Thermacut, while production remained the same.

I don't work for or get paid by either company.

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com
    X2

And they actually do their own development, have you looked at their silver electrodes for the HPR series?

silver electrodes are patented by Centricut, a division of Hypertherm.

Jim