584,826 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Practical CNC table start up

Hope most of you saw my intro thread in the "club house". Well anyway I've been beating my head against the wall on this machine all weekend. Everything was set up 3 years ago then mothballed. Everything seems to work fine now except the loose nut trying to figure it out. I will be calling the company in the morning with a few questions like why when I execute the G28 command the head homes to the opposite corner of the table from where the limit switches should contact and are these switches the 'high limit' that is refered to in the book? Also if I use those limit switches and zero the table to machine zero all coordinate readings are - as in negative and all work would be performed from top right to lower left. Kinda backward from what I would consider normal.

Also I'm confused as to how the WinCnc program imports DXF files from the BobCad program and how conversion to G code is done. Bad Brad has done it with this system but I can't seem to figure it out. The file conversions will be a challenge for me as I also installed full internet access and a Mustek large format scanner on this system. Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction on this. I was reminded tonight while screwing around with this, That I also have the full nesting program thru BobCad and Corel Draw 12 and Turbo Cad 7.1 are in the computer also..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASIDCP_0001.jpg   ASIDCP_0004.jpg   ASIDCP_0003.jpg   ASIDCP_0002.jpg  

you need to change the direction of the steppers in wincnc