585,877 active members*
3,075 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MODIFY JOIN LINES

MODIFY JOIN LINES

Can anyone please tell me where to find MCX "join lines function" it was called modify join when I used MC9, Also if that is too easy, I also cannot for the life of me figure out how to convert splines to arcs and lines which in MC9 was called, "modify / convert to arcs and lines" that seemed so easy. Thanks for any input you can give me, I am struggling to like MCX2.

Hi cnc Bob: mastercamox comes with a variety of pdf files located in (perhaps) C:\mcamx2\documentation\V92XFunctions.pdf this is a comparation between mastercamv9 vs mastercamX or you can try out join entities from the edit menu or to modify try analize entitie, regarding your other cuestion I'll keep looking also. I apologize if my gramer or speling is a little rustic (english is my second language)

Thanks for the tip, I found it and it works, I just never thought of looking in the "edit" pulldown I thought that was for file management. I have to open my mind

ok say i have a line then a radius and then a line. they are all connected but each is their own line segment. i try joining all them together to make one full line that i can select with the join enitities function, but no dice. it comes up with a error saying these enitities cannot be joined. am i using the wrong function or can you just not do that? thanks

you can not use the option to join a line and a arc togeather.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

sometimes i use EDIT TRIM function to trim one entity to the other.

hope this is what you were looking for.
    2007 Haas TMP-1 Microscribe MX-5 Mastercam X4 Mill Level 3 Surfaces,Solids Seagate 2 tb hard drive AMD 64x2 8gig ram windows ultimate 7 64bit Geoforce 8800 GTX

then if you hold down the shift key while selecting the chain it will select all entities at once
    2007 Haas TMP-1 Microscribe MX-5 Mastercam X4 Mill Level 3 Surfaces,Solids Seagate 2 tb hard drive AMD 64x2 8gig ram windows ultimate 7 64bit Geoforce 8800 GTX

then if you hold down the shift key while selecting the chain it will select all entities at once
    Now if you do the same think and click on the first part of lets say a partial chain , keep holding down the Shift and click the last in your partial. this will give you guess what a Partial chain.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

im confused.lol

so even tho all the entities are selected it is still considered a partial chain?

what effects of toolpathing or machining would occur between a chain or a partial chain?

Please review this link for the option of Shift chain as preselection.There is sound.
    http://www.mastercam-cadcam.com/vide...hiftchain.html
    Cadcam

Select your Fillet comand put in a 0.0 amount and select the two geometries you want to join. That's it. They are joined with no fillet. Hope this helps ya.

Boots interesting way of doing it. but there are true functions just for these call outs.
    please review another picture of the tools in mastercam X and higher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails join.jpg  
    Cadcam