585,978 active members*
4,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Greetings fellow craftsmen

Greetings fellow craftsmen

Hi, I'm new to CNCzone but not the trades, I have a small job shop that I am building in NC for my retirement. I have limited CNC experience and trying to retrofit a Tree mill to CamSoft Pro. (in my spare time) I will have plenty of questions for you folks that know what you are doing. For now I am glad to have found this site.
    Alan

I'm curious, where are you in NC? I'm in Granite Falls, about 7 miles north of Hickory. I'm also retired and build CNC machines and play with them as a hobby. I have a small machine shop in my garage with a Bridgeport clone that I converted to CNC. I also have a CNC wood router that I built.

Quote Originally Posted by rgoldner View Post
    I'm curious, where are you in NC? I'm in Granite Falls, about 7 miles north of Hickory. I'm also retired and build CNC machines and play with them as a hobby. I have a small machine shop in my garage with a Bridgeport clone that I converted to CNC. I also have a CNC wood router that I built.
    Hi, I'm not retired yet just planing for and dreaming about. I am between Carthage and Sanford in Moore conuty. An hour SW of Raleigh. I have all the basics in my 1500 sqr ft bldg. 2 Mills, 2 Lathes, 1 Basket case CNC mill, 75 ton hydraulic press, Mig, Tig, Stick, Gas welders,1 plazma cutter, 1 Hand grinder, 1 hydraulic fed grinder, cut off saw, band saw, and a lifetime of measuring and hand tools.
    I just turned 56 so I have some time to get it all together before I stop going to my day job.
    The neighbors get concrete molds made up around Hickory. Big place from what I have been told. I have passed through the area, much prettier than down here but life is good here.

Hello, from new member. "N-see"
    I have just been told about this site today and once found it did not have any trouble signing up. I live in Murwillumbah, North N.S.W. and love it here.
    I am interested in Engineering, Metallurgy and Woodwork.
    Like everyone else I guess, I have a workshop at home.
    I am looking to build a 3 axis mill so I can cut some brass lettering I have a need for.
    I have a friend in Melbourne who has just built a machine himself, a 3 axis machine
    which sounds like what I need myself.
    I have been involved in Machine shop engineering, componet manufacture most of my working life and have used a vast assortment of machines, I have also programed a 5 axis lathe, but that was a while ago, so I look forward to getting into it again.
    If I can help anyone out there, please let me know.
    N-see