585,885 active members*
6,253 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Good machine for the money? help

Im looking to buy a vmc in a few months. Ive been toying with the idea of a vmc or trak mill. Does anyone here know of a good 3 axis vmc for a great price? Any help would be greatly appreciated.thank you.

Ive ran haas mills, trying to stay away from that if possible.

-josh

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Haeusser View Post
    Im looking to buy a vmc in a few months. Ive been toying with the idea of a vmc or trak mill. Does anyone here know of a good 3 axis vmc for a great price? Any help would be greatly appreciated.thank you.

Ive ran haas mills, trying to stay away from that if possible.

-josh

[email protected]
    We have a Fanuc Robodrill Mate, it's a small 30 taper machine but very functional for smaller parts. We have run parts that are as large as 7"x8". We paid 50k for the machine including, tooling, delivery, setup and training. It has a 10k spindle which is what I would consider the minimum for doing small aluminum parts. What size parts are you going to be making? Is this for prototyping or production? What materials will you be machining? What is your budget? Answer these questions and we will be able to help you better. There is nothing wrong with Haas either, there are many people here on the board that have and love them. Hope this helps.

The majority of the work would be one off's or small quantity. I will be machining all metals, mostly crs and alum. As far as budget, under 40k. Thanks!!

I dont really have anything against haas, ive ran 2 of their verticals, and one lathe. As far as lathe's, i prefer mori's.

Quote Originally Posted by Haeusser View Post
    The majority of the work would be one off's or small quantity. I will be machining all metals, mostly crs and alum. As far as budget, under 40k. Thanks!!

I dont really have anything against haas, ive ran 2 of their verticals, and one lathe. As far as lathe's, i prefer mori's.
    The machine itself was 38,500, it came to 50k after tooling, freight, training, setup etc. It's gonna be hard to hit 40k for everything in the new market, you might need to look at some used machines. If you are doing aluminum I strongly recommend at least a 10k spindle speed.

I 100% agree about the 10k spindle for alum if not more. I am looking into older machines actually. Anybody know of any for sale near ohio?

Re: Good machine for the money? help

Ok I'll tell you when I see older machines.