585,762 active members*
4,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Torchmate > Torchmate 5x10 table...is it possible to go 6x12?

Torchmate 5x10 table...is it possible to go 6x12?

What would it take to make the capacity to 6x12?

solve question

no problem,you can increase length to 6'*12'.

reed

Depending on whether or not you have a Kit or a Finished table, vary the levels of difficulty and cost that increasing the cutting area of your table will bring. Extending the X axis is very simple as it is adding more rail and more gear rack. The Y axis however would need a new gantry extrusion, longer slide, and more gear rack. If you have cable carrier, you will probably want some more links and possibly another mounting bracket. Motor cables would be the last thing, if you have 25' motor cables, depending on how you have them ran you may come up short if you push the axis lengths any longer, in which case motor extensions are available.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

Oh, ok I see we just need to move the limit switches and maybe get longer extrusions depending on axis? On the X axis can we tie into the existing gear rack or do we need a long piece for each side instead of 2 smaller pieces? I would also like to take 2 feet of height out of our table. It is just too tall for comfort on the larger sheets. I take it you just lop off the legs and re-level.

Quote Originally Posted by carbidecraters View Post
    Oh, ok I see we just need to move the limit switches and maybe get longer extrusions depending on axis? On the X axis can we tie into the existing gear rack or do we need a long piece for each side instead of 2 smaller pieces? I would also like to take 2 feet of height out of our table. It is just too tall for comfort on the larger sheets. I take it you just lop off the legs and re-level.
    All of that sounds correct, you can purchase additional sections of gear rack, and chop them down to the needed length. Butt them up to eachother so that the gear travels smoothly across them, you probably won't get two feet, but you may gain some on your existing frame.

As far as chopping the legs, that's fairly self explanatory.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST