584,863 active members*
4,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MachMotion Questions

Hello everyone,
    This is my first post and hope it is in the right area.
    I have a Ex-Cell-O mill with an Anilam Crusader M controll that is starting to give me some trouble. Working with Jerry at Anilam narrowed it down to some component getting hot on the black or orange boards. Going to try to get more air inside the box but I think i'm just delaying the enviable, replacing the controller.
    Looking at a Mach Motion controller and was wondering if any of you have experience with their equipement and company? How is their support and tech
    help? Talking with their tech he feels that the new board they have will allow me to keep the scales and the existing servos, drives.
    Looking at the forums the Mach3 software they use will be fine for my needs
    as i am mostly trying to eliminate digging out the rotary table.
    I know that i cound get the software, buy the components and put a system
    together for less than the Mach Motion control but when you figure the time it would take(that i don't have) the cost looks good.
    Any feedback or other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Re: MachMotion Questions

Any luck with this project? I'm looking to do the same thing with my Anilam 1100M. I bought a complete package(servos and drives and breakout board) from DMM Technologies for another machine to convert to Mach 3 but don't want to use it on this machine because of the expense of the servos etc. I'm hoping to use the servo motors that are connected to the Anilam control so I can save some money. If there's anybody out there that has taken those servos and power supplies and just changed out the breakout board and computer I would appreciate the input/help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Outcold52 View Post
    Any luck with this project? I'm looking to do the same thing with my Anilam 1100M. I bought a complete package(servos and drives and breakout board) from DMM Technologies for another machine to convert to Mach 3 but don't want to use it on this machine because of the expense of the servos etc. I'm hoping to use the servo motors that are connected to the Anilam control so I can save some money. If there's anybody out there that has taken those servos and power supplies and just changed out the breakout board and computer I would appreciate the input/help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I have done this a few times. You only need a motion controller that will output the +/- 10V analog command signal to the drives. Mesa, Dynomotion, and Galil products are just a few that will do this, there are others also.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

The products seem good. Actual hardware, but support is where it all gets messed up. I paid the big bucks thinking will get lifetime support but in their opinion a controller computer becomes obsolete after 8 years and many upgrades that they apply ( my hard drive became overloaded). Before making purchase in 2015 I said I wanted mach to recognize what pulley I am in and prompt user to change gear or send appropriate PWM signal to VFD if in proper gear for commanded Speed. They said no problem. but then when I tried to run it like that their tech did upgrade after upgrade on me to get Global messaging to do that and now My hard drive is overloaded. Today I couldn't even remote log in and they want to sell me a new controller because I was told that my old one is obsolete. FIX WHAT YOU SOLD ME!!! BTW the spindle PWM signal is very bad too like 1.82 VDC to 9.8 when its supposed to be 0-10VDC. I bought their VFD and their BOB and everything. I had CNC4pc parts in their before far cheaper, kinda cheesy but at least I paid for what I got. Here I paid for Service and get I don't know what to call it.

update for anyone that is interested, President of the company called me on his time. About 1 hr ago and we were on the phone for about that long trying to figure out how to best fix the situation. He told me how to remove the computer unit and we came to an agreement for a decent price on a computer upgrade ( was still slightly more expensive than me having it done locally, but I want reliability) and they would also pay for return shipping of my computer ( controller), Motion planner ( PWM signal issue) and VFD so they can check it and see that everything works like it should.