585,752 active members*
4,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Back plot software

Does anyone know of any software that will backplot a macro program?
    No matter how good you are, there is always someone better!!!

That software looks good but its overkill for what I need.

NCPlot does Macro B

NCPlot does Macro B backplotting. They also have a freeware Macro B expression evaluator utility.

http://www.ncplot.com/

-James
    James Leonard - www.DragonCNC.com - www.LeonardCNCSoftware.com - www.CorelDRAWCadCam.com - www.LeonardMusicalInstruments.com

Quote Originally Posted by jemmyell View Post
    NCPlot does Macro B backplotting. They also have a freeware Macro B expression evaluator utility.

http://www.ncplot.com/

-James
    NCPlot does not verify all of the macro B expressions. Just some of them. Which basically makes it useless under most circumstances. Vericut is overkill? I guess your parts aren't that important then. Vericut is a tool. NCPlot is a toy. Tell you what download the trail version of NCPlot and see how well it works. When it fails post your code here and I will run it through Vericut and show you something that works.

P.S. Vericut is an awesome program but you don't need all the modules (Machine Simulation, Opti Path, 5 axis, etc.) to do what you need. All you need is 3 axis simulation. ($7,000)

What I meant by overkill is that I already have tool path verification through my cam software. So the only thing I would be getting vericut for is the three or four macros that I need to write.

chrisryn,

You are wrong. Cam software simulation only checks the internal cutter location data NOT the actual G code that runs your machine. A huge differance there. Vericut catches critical mistakes and crashes that Cam systems DO NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    NCPlot does not verify all of the macro B expressions. Just some of them. Which basically makes it useless under most circumstances. Vericut is overkill? I guess your parts aren't that important then. Vericut is a tool. NCPlot is a toy. Tell you what download the trail version of NCPlot and see how well it works. When it fails post your code here and I will run it through Vericut and show you something that works.

P.S. Vericut is an awesome program but you don't need all the modules (Machine Simulation, Opti Path, 5 axis, etc.) to do what you need. All you need is 3 axis simulation. ($7,000)
    Hi Mike,

Which Macro B expressions are not supported by NCPlot? Useless under most circumstances? How about some examples.

You are comparing $300 software to $7000 software. Which one do you think most people can afford? If the $300 will do what you need, why spend the extra dough?

Thanks,
    Scott