584,826 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > SX3 Circuits. - ALL Versions - Post here.

Question SX3 Circuits. - ALL Versions - Post here.

There are a number of different versions of various circuits for the X3/SX3
    I am trying to make a complete list of all them so we can have a PDF for each version, so everyone can fix their problems with the least amount of hassle.
    Attention SIEG, SYIL. If you post some circuits here we may be able to make your life and your customer's experience a better one.

Post your research here, along with which version, and some pictures.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

we only have 2 edtion pic.please take a look frist
    syil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 老版本SX3电机主板.jpg   新版本SX3.jpg  
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Control Board Circuit Diagram V2

Neil, here is a repost of the circuit diagram for the V2 of the control board for the Super X3 (ie the version that has the daughter board on it).

Alex
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile Thankyou Syil.

Syil.

I think we need to do a fix for both the early and the later version PCB sets.
    Looking forward to more information.

Neil.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Super X3 Wiring Diagram

Here is also the " Grizzly" wiring diagram for the control board and all interfaces and power circuits.

It is identical to our versions, and have used this diagram to reconnect and replace my boards so I can vouch for its integrity.

I have the first version of the boards.
    One in the mill and a spare set.

I re/engineered the schematics in Eagle cad.
    On my boards the flyback controller a TNY253 blew out several times under heavy load.
    Substituted it for a TNY266 (10 W)

I am willing to share the schematics.

Jos

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Syil.

I think we need to do a fix for both the early and the later version PCB sets.
    Looking forward to more information.

Neil.

Neil,
    attached is the XML board installed in our (Syil UK) Super X3's and which were causing problems - basically the boards were failing with up to a 25% failure rate - symptoms were a loud buzzing noise quickly followed by a considerable amount of smoke - not good! It soon became clear that the board was more suited to the US system based on 110V - the clue being the 110V marked on the relay!
    Until we worked out a fix I had a few customers running their SX3's on 110V transformers. My electronics expert soon offered a fix which was to remove one of the two resistors in close proximity to the relay. It worked, problem solved.
    I don't recall seeing anyone having this problem outside of the UK but it could obviously be a problem in any 240V region.

Hugh
    Syil UK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xmt-driver (Medium).jpg  

Talking The 110v AC Relay.

The resistor is supposed to drop the supply for the relay to 100vAC.

If it is too low, then is buzzes, and keeps attempting to cause high charging current in to the rectifier. Once the NTC (black things) heat up, as they are supposed to, then the surge current becomes ridiculously high, probably destroying the rectifier and the relay.
    Which part smokes the most?

In Australia, we typically have 240v +/- 5%.
    If you end up with low mains voltage, then that would explain it.

Measuring the resistors, 7.5K//7.5K = 3.75K in series with 3.12K coil resistance means that it requires 242 v AC for 110vAC on the coil.
    That's at the temperature I measured it (15 degrees).

In its favor, when the coil temperature gets to 45 degrees it only needs 224 vAC
    By my calculated guestimation, at 0 degc you need 268 vAC to have 110v on the coil. Bit low hey?

At the low temperature, 2 6.8K in parallel means it needs 253 v
    At the high temperature with 6.8K//6.8K you need 217vAC.
    With 6.8K//6.8K the relay is likely to see as hig as about 123vAC.

Change the resistors 2 6.8K 1 watt. That's as good as it will get before you cook the relay.

You cannot use coil resistance on an AC coil to calculate current?
    A resistor should not normally be used to drop voltage to an inductive device on AC, but if it is, it should be based on the current when pulled in.
    3K is hell of a high resistance for an AC rated coil, unless I am missing something?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Yes I Know. It has inductance.

That makes the calculations all screwed up, but the point is the resistor value does not seem appropriate due to the failures.

Now someone might figure out some correct values.

It needs to be actually measured it with some voltage applied, seeing as how we don't know the inductance, which will vary depending on the armature position as well.

Might I suggest getting the resistor close right at about 225v, so that the coil has 110v AC (at 50HZ I might add)

Hi Jos,

I too have to original boards that I have repaired (without schematics). I use Eagle Cad to do other schematics for myself. Could you post your Eagle Cad schematic so we can benefit from your experience.

I too have seen the TNY253 fail and never thought to replace it with device with higher rating.

Kind Regards

Chrisjh

Quote Originally Posted by oldraven View Post
    I have the first version of the boards.

I re/engineered the schematics in Eagle cad.
    On my boards the flyback controller a TNY253 blew out several times under heavy load.
    Substituted it for a TNY266 (10 W)

I am willing to share the schematics.

Jos

PDF versions of OldRavens SX3 schematics

These are PDF's of OldRavens SX3 schematics, taken from Eagle 5.6.0 which seem to me to be zoomable and completely readable, for those who don't want to have to install Eagle. Jos said that his PDF's were not very good; perhaps they were using an earlier version.

Thanks to Jos for his work on this.

Re: SX3 Circuits. - ALL Versions - Post here.

Hi i have a blowen transformer and some of the numbers are missing and i need to replace the transformer as the board i have is superseded and no longer available. I am in Australia and have 240v mains. The numbers i do have are t?(missing number or letter)8(i think)13-220-5sp(i think) ?8 and p are the items in doubt hoping someone can help

Please post pictures here.Numbers only -- can't help. Show us what smoked.

Hi neilw20 thanks for attempting to help please see photos the transformer itself did not blow but it was loose on the circuit board and over time the vibrations work hardened the small wires and they have failed one wire has broken off to far for an attempt at a repair. So any help you may be able to offer would be appreciated. Just in case its not obvious in the photos its the transformer in the area of the lower right of the first photo
    Attachment 397378Attachment 397380Attachment 397376

A transformer with between 9v and 13v open circuit will work OK.
    I have a 11.5v transformer, just a bit physically larger than on the PCB, that you can wire in with flexible leads.
    I also have a blank PCB that fits the transformers I have.
    Cost of postage +$5 or pick up from me, in western suburbs, of Melbourne.
    Send me a PM of your phone number.
    Sorry a few days late with this reply. Was distracted by other things.

Re: Thankyou Syil.

Hi Neil

You helped me out with a problem about a year ago and problem solved, now I have a problem with the spindle speed control dropping out.

As it's intermittent it may be the big Seig problem dodgy crimps, could you tell me were the spindle control card is so I can check it out.

I may be easier to contact direct my e mail address palmermichael[at]talktalk.net

Regards

Mike

Hi Neil

You helped me out with a problem about a year ago and problem solved, now I have a problem with the spindle speed control dropping out.

As it's intermittent it may be the big Seig problem dodgy crimps, could you tell me were the spindle control card is so I can check it out.

I may be easier to contact direct my e mail address palmermichael[at]talktalk.net

Regards

Mike