585,886 active members*
6,318 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V-Carve Pro software?

I spoke with one of the fellows at Practical CNC a few days ago about my start up plans for the table I've had in mothballs for several years. He was nice enough to send me a couple instructional DVDs one for BobCad (which I had bought outright) and Corel draw which was supplied with the table. Also he sent one for the table (which would have been handy back when I installed this system).
    Anyhow he recommended V-Carve Pro drawing software as I asked him pretty much what he recommended as a program "for dummies' like me. I already have a significant investment in software , but it's worth about the plastic it's burn't on until I can figure it out. I guess what I'm looking for is a quick and dirty (easy start up) I can mop up later, (and it's easier for me to understand the concepts of more complicated programs) once I'm up and running.
    Has anyone used V-Carve Pro and how do you like it?

Only used the trial, but its so easy that if you cant figure it out for yourself you properly should mess with a rotating tool controlled by a computer in the first place:-) If i only had the money...

We've been using it on our 4' x 8' router for 3-4 months. Very easy to use, it took longer to install the software than it did to load and cut the first part.

FYI, we also tried a program called lazycam.......nothing but problems.

Mike